CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   boots drag (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/boots-drag-21134/)

Tahoe SC 08-21-2006 02:20 PM

RE: boots drag

yo mang...i think it's time you start hanging WAY off the bike like a monkey too!

Blackdog F4i 08-21-2006 03:01 PM

1. Take of your peg feelers before they mess you up.
2. Get some good boots (Sidi, A*, Oxtar, etc)
3. Make sure the front of the ball is on the peg, and that the inside of your foot is against the peg bracket. I had a bad habit of letting my feet rest further out on the peg than I needed.
4. Get out of the bike further. Not just with your butt. Use your whole upper body. When you are cornering that hard your hear should be past your inside mirror, and you should be leading with your shoulder. You should feel like your elbow is going to touch down. You don't need to drag a knee, but you should be able to touch your knee down LONG before your toe or your peg decks out. Look at lots of race photos and look at their body position. Have someone photograph you and see what it different.

I have been looking at Woodcraft rearsets. If you use the stock pedals then you can get rearsets for pretty cheap. It's also makes replacement parts cheap because you can pick the stock pedals up on eBay if you smash them up.

DThompson 08-21-2006 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

yo mang...i think it's time you start hanging WAY off the bike like a monkey too!

Yea, when I ride I am way off the side. Makes me feel like I am floating next to the bike rather than riding on the bike.

Tahoe SC 08-21-2006 04:18 PM

that's cause you stunna...and stunna do that skating thing next to the bike...that doesn't count!

snowboarding82 08-21-2006 04:21 PM

Ya that's really fun to do but I think I probably do it wrong as I'm a noob. hahaha In the 15-30mph corners I like to hang off the bike and screech like a monkey, it's one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life cornering hard like that.

I ordered a pair of Sidi (seedee not sidee as I thought it was, I must have sounded like a retard calling shops asking for them) Vertigo boots and I should be able to pick them up on Tuesday the girl said so I can't wait for that! =)

Mike

Blackdog F4i 08-21-2006 05:00 PM

Sidi's rock

I love my Vertebra Race. I wear them for most of my street riding even if I am wearing jeans. I am going to wear them to work tomorrow to see if anyone notices.:D

yipperzz 08-21-2006 09:37 PM

tahoe, do you have aftermarket rearsets? i didn't think you did but i'm not sure. but you get some good angles on your f4i. i'm sure it's just a matter of hanging off the bike more.

Tahoe SC 08-21-2006 10:06 PM

yeth...i have someone's old skool thugged out crashed and bent Woodcraft rearsets...they are bent in and almost touch the subframe...to some that is jacked and imperfect...to me...it's extra clearance!

i think i was at the limits of the diablos that day...can't really get too extreme lean with diablos but they sure stick like glue!

ninetyfivehp 08-21-2006 10:37 PM

tahoe, the more you get off the bike then less you have to lean correct. i don't have full leathers right now, just a jacket, gloves, and helmet. i don't wanna get my kneecap torn up so i keep my inside leg aginst the plastic in the twisties. how much ar a descent set of full leathers? i'd feel a hell of a lot safer at extreme lean angles if i had suit. thanks

Tahoe SC 08-21-2006 10:40 PM

you can buy some leather pants that just zipper up to your jacket. what brand you have?

i have both 2 piece and 1 piece...i use my 2 piece much more as it's easier more practical, even for track...but if i was racing...1 piece.