F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Another exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another exhaust question

I am looking for a high mount slip on for my 01F4I. When I bought the bike used it had a Viper slip on. I think they all sound pretty similar. I like the look of the Two Brothers M2 and M5 can. I’m guessing the M2 would be able to tuck closer to the fairings cause it’s a little smaller in size. It might also be a little louder due to same size inner diameter but less over all diameter. Probably means less sound deadening. I don’t mind a little louder. I really like the fit of the Micron High mount. I like the way the pipe goes strait up and tucks the can tight up and under the tail fairing. But I would like a all black can like the Hindle. I may just Buy the can that sounds best and comes in black and make my own midpipe to put it where I want. Any opinions and pics would be appreciated.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another exhaust question

i think 2 bros look way tight and sound good too...
also check out devil...pricey but it's like CF black.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:35 PM

The outside can diameter has nothing to do with the sound baffling. All of the Two Brother cans have the same "core" and provide the same sound. The outside of the can is only for aesthetics.

Keep in mind that the Two Brothers High Mount will require you to lose the passenger footpegs and also require you to relocate the rear turn signals. And I'm pretty sure that any High Mount will require you to relocate the rear turn signals.

I'm not sure which companies require you to ditch the rear footpegs, but I do know that Micron's High mount lets you retain the rear footpegs. But, if you have a CA model bike (O2 sensor), Micro doesn't have the option to retain the O2 sensor. You would have to get an O2 sensor eliminator (~$15).

If you order the Two Brothers pipe, you can specify whether or not you have a CA model. and it will include/not include the bung for the sensor.

In my opinion the Two Brothers with the new end caps are the best looking pipes out there. I bought my pipe right before they came out with the new design. I was a little pissed that I couldn't wait alittle longer.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Lifties can you post a pic of your bike showing the exhaust? I woudl really like a highmount, but want to keep my passenger pegs, but love the look of the Two bros. You thinkt he peg can be spaced out to fit liek it is with other pipes?

Old 02-22-2007, 07:50 PM

It would be possible to use spacers to retain the passenger footpegs. I found the correct spacers at Home Depot (3.5"), but I couldn't find bolts long enough (orignal length + 3.5").

I'm not sure how much weigh the bolts could take with that much extra torque on them. Also, I'm not sure how comfortable it would be for the passenger with the peg repositioned that far out. My guess would be that it wouldn't be comfortable with one leg tweaked that far out.

I wanted to retain the passenger pegs for prevention of excess damage if I dropped my bike. Right now, with both passenger pegs removed, just dropping my bike at rest would f&!K up my tail fairing. Its been a year and I haven't dropped my bike (knock knock), so I'm not as worried about it anymore.

Other than my avaitar, I'll try and remember to take and upload a picture tomorrow when I have time.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: lifties

Keep in mind that the Two Brothers High Mount will require you to lose the passenger footpegs and also require you to relocate the rear turn signals.
Not true about the passenger pegs...you will just need to use longer bolts and some washers and it will mountup easy enough.The left one doesn't need to be messed with.(of course)

I don't have the rear pegs on mine in this photo, but when I do need them, it's easy to put them back on. Of course the right one is out a bit further than normal, but it's not that big of a deal and it doesn't affect riding position at all.

In regards to the rear signal relocation,I cannotsay for sureas I have an undertail with integrated lights, but that is something that you shouldlook into if you don't plan on an undertail.

Good luck!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4293/9B8215A998FF4EAF9E234931259474A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-22-2007, 08:11 PM

Hey RCKT GRL, what is entailed to shoten the can like you did? Looks good. How much louder is it?

Old 02-22-2007, 08:19 PM

https://cbrforum.com/m_98730/tm.htm

check out the thread... just needs to be cut down and repacked. Trust me, the sound is awesome! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-22-2007, 10:01 PM

I love mine and will ever get anything else

Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 PM

I think I am going to go with a high mount after I get a power commander. I really like the sound of my Jardine though. It will be something to keep the passenger pegs, but nota hindle, to me it doesn't look like the hindle follows the lines of the rear like the rest.