F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Whats going on guys?

This may be alittle long winded... but i figured ill be around here for awhile.

I acquired my 02 CBR F4i about 3 months ago, got my MSF and endorsement then as well, and have been riding ever since. Im located in sunny (yea right) Miami, Fl. Which I decided should just be called hot and rainy miami, FL.

Alittle bit about myself. Im in my 20's and have been a long time fan of motorsports. I enjoy the technical aspect of road racing and autocrossing, and the rush of brisk acceleration. Ive got various years of eperience behind the wheel, of vehicles including my former GST, S4, S2000,and C5 vetter. I always loved bikes, but like a few was held back by concerned parents and what have you. I can remember falling in love with the first busa i ever saw, and then the first R6 (to be quite honest, honda's flew under my Radar). My passion was turned to an obsession after playing Tourist Trophy for PS2...

Craigslist lead me to my current yellow and black H bike... which i stumbled onto for the what i considerd a fair price of 3800 with 16k miles. I figured it to be a bike i was going to learn on, in an effort to avoid starting on a 250 and having to switch in 3 months. The bike is in exelent condition mechanically, except for a familiar clicking sound from my s2000. On the S it was resolved by replacing the cam tensioner... perhaps a similar situation here, any of your oppinions would be appreciated.

Aside from all that, I love riding, but find miami lacking in entertaining roads. Ive also found a sense of comerdary amongst riders in general, a feeling i havent had since my S2k. Its nice having people pull up and give me a nod. Im sure theirs douchebags on the other end of the spectrum, but luckily i havent encountered them yet.

The bike is entirely stock. Im looking into the aftermarket now... I recently purchased the cowl for the rear seat, and im trying to figure out what i want to do with the rear section and exhaust. In due time i suppose. The fairings were slightly dammaged when purchased... I havent repalced or repaired... i figured id give myself time to drop the bike (which i havent thankfully)

Ive taken to it pretty well. My knowledge of turn angles and apexs, physics of adhesion, and aerodynamics have carried over pretty well to the bike. Im looking for local groups to enjoy riding with or hang with and shoot the ****... Im sure ill find them sooner or later

... I used to be pretty active on the s2k forums, was a community organizer in my hey day for south FL Under the name Sonic_S2k_04. So hopefully ill become a regular here as well.

Thats it... Have a good one and look forward to talking to some of ya.

Rick

Old 09-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Default RE: Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Welcome Rickyou have no right to comlain about Miami (rain) at least you dont have Winters Have fun and be safe!
Sincerly,
your "Canadian" friend Dave

Old 09-04-2008, 03:34 PM

its great to have you here man, there are lots of regulars here with alot you can learn from....and +1 no complaining about rain...i live in maine and we got 190 inches of snow last winter.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:36 PM

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you'll be more active than I currently am! It's nice to see people join the forum and introduce themselves as their first post, plus a little background.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:38 PM

sonic, you are also correct, that the clicking noise is typically the CCTL and that these F4i's are noted for that...

Old 09-05-2008, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the replies.

And thanks for the conformation on that hayden. Another issue i had was the occasion smell of gas, which ive read and realized its more then like the Fuel pressure regulator. Perhaps i will take it in and have them both serviced.

thanks guys.