F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ahhhh!! This is frustrating!!! Help plz!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhhh!! This is frustrating!!! Help plz!

man.. this sucks. to be short.. my headlights dont work. when i got back from riding i turned the bike off and tried to turn it back on to move it and it wouldnt prime. so i wiggled the plug that goes to the headlights wiring harness and it came on. so i move it in the garage and turn it off and try to turn it back on, the fuel pump primes and the bike starts, but the headlights dont work. i just replaced the bulbs and stuff so im confused. could i need a new wiring harness? whats the deal? I NEED THIS SOLVED NOW HA HA. SUNS FINALLY OUT SO I NEED TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF, OR IM GOING TO GO RIDE WITH NO HEADLIGHTS LOL

thanks again cbrforum

Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 PM

Kinda sounds like you need a new headlight harness. Does the blue light come on the display when you turn your brights on and off?

Old 01-23-2011, 06:43 PM

um at one point while i was toying around the blue light for the hi beams stayed on but i adjusted the wires a little bit and everything went back to normal, just the headlights dont come on. but i looked in the fuse box and it looks like i blew a fuse so im going to replace it and see how it goes. thanks alot for your help though.. i hope i dont need a new harness, i cant afford it right now after buying an entire fairing kit

Old 01-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Ah definitely wanna check out that fuse, good call on that. Other than a fuse, not sure what it would be besides a new harness, would say a connection or something, but your bike fires up fine so you know that the BAS is getting through. But yeah I hear ya, the fairing kits really put you out...

Old 01-23-2011, 07:05 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the fuse, just checked and the slot for the headlight fuse, is only for the headlight, and you're having no other problems, so I'm guessin that's your problem.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM

hey mav, thanks alot man. yea it was the fuse for the headlight. i wouldnt have thought to check them either, but i was doing a search on the forum to see if anyone else had the same problem and saw some stuff about blowing fuses.

but yea i appreciate you responding

Old 01-23-2011, 08:16 PM

And dude you've really got to turn on youre email notifications for pms :P

Old 01-23-2011, 08:22 PM

just a thought make sure your headlight plug in is connected all the way i know from cars if the fuse is old and weak and the connection is is moved enough it can spark just enough to blow a fuse.. just my 2 cents...had same problem on my 82 chevy truck..

Old 01-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by crazychris1981
just a thought make sure your headlight plug in is connected all the way i know from cars if the fuse is old and weak and the connection is is moved enough it can spark just enough to blow a fuse.. just my 2 cents...had same problem on my 82 chevy truck..
Sparks don't blow fuses. High current flow (short to ground ect) does

Old 01-23-2011, 09:31 PM

ha ha sorry jp i keep forgetting.

but yea i spoke too soon.... i replaced the fuse but for some reason when i jiggle the plug where the harness connects to the bike it cuts off and has the blue hi-beam light on.. could it be the harness or the bike? AHH!!

Quick Reply: Ahhhh!! This is frustrating!!! Help plz!