F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Aftermarket Exhaust. Remap?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Default Aftermarket Exhaust. Remap?

Hey guys, im thinking about buying an FMF Powercore-S slip on. im wondering, how much would it cost me to get my bike remapped. and should i even bother doing it?

thanks

kone

Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by k0ne777 View Post
Hey guys, im thinking about buying an FMF Powercore-S slip on. im wondering, how much would it cost me to get my bike remapped. and should i even bother doing it?

thanks

kone

I don't think you are going to be able to remap your computer. You may be able to send it out to be done however it would make much more sense to buy a power commander or any other fuel management system. Do some research on it. Now as far as bothering to do it...I would not bother if you are only getting a slip on however with a PCIIIusb (power commander) you may see a bit of gains especially if you get a custom map done by proffesional with a dyno. However you are most likely only to see a smoother fuel curve if you bother to do so. If you want real power gains...buy a full exhaust system, aftermarket air filter..(BMC race filter or K&N) and a fuel management system with a custom map. I did it both ways...started with a air filter, PCIIIusb and a slip on and it worked a bit better....however I just put a full system on and what a difference. Bike will wheelie in first, second and third with no clutch!!! Good luck...

Last edited by andymp3; 05-19-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 PM

thanks man. sounds good!

Old 05-18-2009, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by andymp3 View Post
I don't think you are going to be able to remap your computer. You may be able to send it out to be done however it would make much more sense to buy a power commander or any other fuel management system. Do some research on it. Now as far as bothering to do it...I would not bother if you are only getting a slip on however with a PCIIIusb (power commander) you may see a bit of gains especially if you get a custom map done by proffesional with a dyno. However you are most likely only to see a smoother fuel curve if you bother to do so. If you want real power gains...buy a full exhaust system, aftermarket air filter..(BMC race filter or K&N) and a fuel management system with a custom map. I did it both ways...started with a air filter, PCIIIusb and a slip on and it worked a bit better....however I just put a full system on and what a difference. Bike will wheelie in first, second and third with no clutch!!! Good luck...
Thanks, Good info. I am learning so much here.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:30 AM

no probem. I am learning as well. These forums provide us all with a wealth of knowledge and bull****.... You just have to take some of it with a grain of salt...! lol! Good luck and let us know what you do...