F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2002 honda cbr 600 f4i fuel injector problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 honda cbr 600 f4i fuel injector problem

Alright so i was having my bike turn off on my at stop lights and as the it got worse on the freeway as well. After reading i thought it was my fuel pressure regulator. I replaced it along with my spark plugs, and oil. I started my bike after all of this and it struggled to idle and the fuel injector light kept coming on. Is there anything else it could be other than the actual fuel injectors being clogged?
Also what steps should i take next?

Old 11-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you checked the Air Filter, how is the bike doing on fuel economy, and how do the spark plugs look (black ?)

Old 11-08-2017, 12:25 PM

If you read the post ive already replaced the spark plugs. I dont see how it could be the air filter when it is a fuel injector problem

Old 11-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Devin Johnson
If you read the post ive already replaced the spark plugs. I dont see how it could be the air filter when it is a fuel injector problem
I never asked if you had changed the plugs, I asked what colour they were ,I was trying to find out how rich the engine was running, and of course your right a fuel injected engine doesn't need air to run

Old 11-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

The FI light does not mean that there is a fuel injector problem. It means that there is an issue in one of the computer controlled circuits. Have you checked for a stored code yet? That would be the first thing to do when the FI light stays on past the start up check.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

You should listen to him, he's one of the more intelligent people on this forum.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:30 PM

Apologies it does run rich at least before i did any of the work. The fi light is intermittent as it idles and is rode

Old 11-08-2017, 07:31 PM

Also im not super expierneced with working bikes do they have a specific code reader to buy for it

Old 11-09-2017, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

If you already had the Rich running condition, I would check out the MAP,TP and IAT sensors, make sure all connectors are tight , and start with the IAT ,take it out give it a clean re-install and see if that makes a difference, you will need a multimeter for all 3, codes are in the workshop manual Section 5

Old 12-03-2017, 04:00 PM

Alright so i was having my bike turn off on my at stop lights and as the it got worse on the freeway as well. After reading i thought it was my fuel pressure regulator. I replaced it along with my spark plugs, and oil. I started my bike after all of this and it struggled to idle and the fuel injector light kept coming on. Is there anything else it could be other than the actual fuel injectors being clogged?
Also what steps should i take next?
So now i cleaned my connectors on the mapp sensor andthe one on the top and the bike ran well for about a week or so. Then decided to replace the sensors the mapp and top sensor. My bike isnt showing a code. But will die while riding (lights will start to flicker and then f1 light goes on and it dies) and now is having hard time starting

Quick Reply: 2002 honda cbr 600 f4i fuel injector problem