CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   2002 honda cbr 600 f4i fuel injector problem (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/2002-honda-cbr-600-f4i-fuel-injector-problem-156788/)

Devin Johnson 11-07-2017 05:05 PM

2002 honda cbr 600 f4i fuel injector problem

Alright so i was having my bike turn off on my at stop lights and as the it got worse on the freeway as well. After reading i thought it was my fuel pressure regulator. I replaced it along with my spark plugs, and oil. I started my bike after all of this and it struggled to idle and the fuel injector light kept coming on. Is there anything else it could be other than the actual fuel injectors being clogged?
Also what steps should i take next?

CaBaRet 11-07-2017 09:36 PM

Have you checked the Air Filter, how is the bike doing on fuel economy, and how do the spark plugs look (black ?)

Devin Johnson 11-08-2017 12:25 PM

If you read the post ive already replaced the spark plugs. I dont see how it could be the air filter when it is a fuel injector problem

CaBaRet 11-08-2017 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Devin Johnson (Post 1309034)
If you read the post ive already replaced the spark plugs. I dont see how it could be the air filter when it is a fuel injector problem

I never asked if you had changed the plugs, I asked what colour they were ,I was trying to find out how rich the engine was running, and of course your right a fuel injected engine doesn't need air to run

74demon 11-08-2017 01:44 PM

The FI light does not mean that there is a fuel injector problem. It means that there is an issue in one of the computer controlled circuits. Have you checked for a stored code yet? That would be the first thing to do when the FI light stays on past the start up check.

boredandstroked 11-08-2017 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Devin Johnson (Post 1309034)

You should listen to him, he's one of the more intelligent people on this forum.

Devin Johnson 11-08-2017 07:30 PM

Apologies it does run rich at least before i did any of the work. The fi light is intermittent as it idles and is rode

Devin Johnson 11-08-2017 07:31 PM

Also im not super expierneced with working bikes do they have a specific code reader to buy for it

CaBaRet 11-09-2017 03:35 AM

If you already had the Rich running condition, I would check out the MAP,TP and IAT sensors, make sure all connectors are tight , and start with the IAT ,take it out give it a clean re-install and see if that makes a difference, you will need a multimeter for all 3, codes are in the workshop manual Section 5

Devin Johnson 12-03-2017 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Devin Johnson (Post 1309020)
Alright so i was having my bike turn off on my at stop lights and as the it got worse on the freeway as well. After reading i thought it was my fuel pressure regulator. I replaced it along with my spark plugs, and oil. I started my bike after all of this and it struggled to idle and the fuel injector light kept coming on. Is there anything else it could be other than the actual fuel injectors being clogged?
Also what steps should i take next?

So now i cleaned my connectors on the mapp sensor andthe one on the top and the bike ran well for about a week or so. Then decided to replace the sensors the mapp and top sensor. My bike isnt showing a code. But will die while riding (lights will start to flicker and then f1 light goes on and it dies) and now is having hard time starting