F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

02 F4i vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkman
Obviously, I can't say with any certainty that there's nothing wrong with your tranny,, but it sounds normal to me. Both of the f4i's I've had/have did the same thing you describe.
Here's one I don't understand: When at idle, in gear with clutch pulled in, bike stationary, (like waiting for red light to change), the vibrations change significantly depending on whether or not the front brake is applied. Both my f4i's have done this.

do the vibrations get worse or better? not quite sure as i dont take much notice of the vibrations

i figure that with brake applied and the vibrations improve it would be making the bike more ridged and directing the vibrations back to the ground.

maybe wrong but thats my thought. but looking at everyones posts i really think it`s just the way they are

Old 01-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i guess im just being picky? buttt its like i when im stopped if i pull the clutch and hold it the bike has not one vibration, and even while in neutral ill let it out and it feels like a bearing in the trans is rough or something, like i said my f3 did the same but i guess its not a brand new bike so i should just expect a couple little vibration lol, thanks tho yall ill just have to watch it thanks again!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TrickFlowGT
yea i guess im just being picky? buttt its like i when im stopped if i pull the clutch and hold it the bike has not one vibration, and even while in neutral ill let it out and it feels like a bearing in the trans is rough or something, like i said my f3 did the same but i guess its not a brand new bike so i should just expect a couple little vibration lol, thanks tho yall ill just have to watch it thanks again!!!

The F4i is famous for a noisy clutch basket, shouldn't be able to feel it though.

As for the bar end weights, the OEM weights make a massive difference. they don't weigh 5lbs either, that said, even if they did weigh 5lbs it would take an exceptional track rider to notice the difference. Small weight changes are pretty much irrelevant on a road bike.

My bike vibrates, the trick is to not grip as hard on the bars so the vibration doesn't numb your hands, use your thighs and back to support your weight instead of your hands.