F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

02 F4i vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 F4i vibrations

hey guys just wondering a couple of things? I used to have a f4 and it was a pretty smooth ride, i got a f4i last week and it feels like there are more vibrations than i remember, any one els noticed this ? its a good smooth riding bike otherwise but it just feels like in the foot pegs I can feel alot of vibration, thanks!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:18 PM

yeah i get a fair bit both through the pegs and grips.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:42 PM

is it more around 5500-6000 rpm and up? I can start to feeel it around 5k 5500

Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 AM

I experience this too, I investigated, then after hear others opinions, I wrote it off as the nature of the beast. Don't really worry too much about it, but I wish I could do something about it, its not excatly inspiring at higher speeds.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you got the standard bar ends in it or some weightless POS chinese ebay specials?

The weight helps dampen vibration. Other than that your wheel could be unbalanced or you could be gripping too tight.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago
Have you got the standard bar ends in it or some weightless POS chinese ebay specials?

The weight helps dampen vibration. Other than that your wheel could be unbalanced or you could be gripping too tight.
with exception of the exhaust its all stock, but how much do those ends help? i got a buddy who rides with them but I really wasnt too sure about it, his weigh something like 5lbs or some crazy ****

Old 01-09-2012, 02:18 PM

i also get a lot of vibration when in neutral i let the clutch out, as soon as i pull it in i can feel a difference, tranny problems or is this also a common problem? my F3 did the same thing

Old 01-10-2012, 04:03 AM

yeah i got the cheapo weights, still no where near as heavy as the factory ones, i lost the factory ones when i layed her out. the vibrations dont really worry me much.

back on the problem when your travelling along and pop the trans into neautral essentialy would be no different to free reving the bike on its stand, maybe try that and see if the vibrations the same. not quite sure if anything else would cause that type of vibration but should rule everything else out tho, if it is the same.

hope this is alittle helpful

Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by 02TrickFlowGT
i also get a lot of vibration when in neutral i let the clutch out, as soon as i pull it in i can feel a difference, tranny problems or is this also a common problem? my F3 did the same thing

Obviously, I can't say with any certainty that there's nothing wrong with your tranny,, but it sounds normal to me. Both of the f4i's I've had/have did the same thing you describe.
Here's one I don't understand: When at idle, in gear with clutch pulled in, bike stationary, (like waiting for red light to change), the vibrations change significantly depending on whether or not the front brake is applied. Both my f4i's have done this.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by sparkman
Here's one I don't understand: When at idle, in gear with clutch pulled in, bike stationary, (like waiting for red light to change), the vibrations change significantly depending on whether or not the front brake is applied. Both my f4i's have done this.

ive noticed the exact same thing since i first got the bike

Quick Reply: 02 F4i vibrations