F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 F4i ticking noise

Old 07-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say that once the bike warms up and I get going the sound is definately more noticeable...again it is not overly noisy but just something that I notice. If the CCT makes a rattle at a certain RPM then I don't think it's that. As I mentioned in my original post the rattle seems to go up and down with the RPM's of the engine and is somewhat constant. I do realize that you can hear the valves on most bikes so again that lead me to think that this might just be normal and not a problem at all. In any case I think I'll take it in and have someone look at it. Thanks all for the help.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 PM

Yea once I started riding for the first time I thought for sure my valves were way out of wack coming from a car to a bike, the valves were much louder and I was super paranoid about it. But you must think, in a car the motor is enclosed when your bike is completely open and your sitting right on top of it. My bikes valves are quite loud thats just how it is. But if you take it to a dealer they should be able to listen and know whats up.. good or bad.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:40 AM
Default Ticking noise

So my bike is also making that noise but when I pull the clutch it goes away so I think it's the clutch basket going to have it fixed. Will let you know

Old 07-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Default Lmkk

Originally Posted by Ryan Bonneville
So my bike is also making that noise but when I pull the clutch it goes away so I think it's the clutch basket going to have it fixed. Will let you know

Was the clutch basket what made the noise? I have same noise but goes away when pull clutch and rpms drop. 31k on bike

Old 07-02-2019, 05:38 AM
Welcome crew
Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts

Nick, I wouldn't expect an answer from a single poster who hasn't posted in two years!

There were a couple of noises being described above. What exactly are you hearing and when, i.e. is it at a specific rpm range or constant other than when pulling in the clutch? I'm no expert but happy to help if I can...

Old 07-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Nick

when you say "ticking" do you mean its a slight tick or ALMOST but not quite a knocking noise ?
If you just put slight pressure on the clutch but not enough to disengage it , does the noise stop pretty much completely ?
or do you have to pull the clutch all the way in for it to stop?

Not trying to confuse the issue , but mine occasionally will make a ticking noise that is quite severe. almost a rapping sound like something bouncing. If I just apply light pressure to the clutch lever , basically taking up the slack, it stops.

The bearing around the pull rod for the clutch gets noisy on me once in a while, (probably wearing out).
Its done it to me twice now, usually after sitting for the winter. I take it out and basically just reseat it and its fine. Still going to replace it someday, preferably before it detonates in there or something lol

Just something for you to take a look at. Cant really say with out hearing it.