F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

01 F4i Bad Wire Connection! Help me find it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I did with the tip sensor is too the tip sensor and cut off the connection cut the white wire all the way off and connected the other two wires. that way if you go to sell the bike and they want the tip sensor they can just buy a new one and you still have the plug.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:47 AM

Got the issue fixed. My fault for blamming the other guy, it was on a fuse that blew in the process. But I ended up just jumping the two pins and then taping.

But anyways I still have the oringal issue. I did ride a rr a few nights ago to play with the red run/stop switch. Its just like the f4i's. But I rode down the road flipping to on and off a few times. And it started the low ideal thing like mine and trying to die. But no FI light. I cycled the ignition and it ran perfect again, just like mine. So idk if its the issue or not, everything looked ok in the connector and switch. But tomorrow im gonna disconnect every connector being used and grease them. Maybe that will fix it for a while.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 AM

Ok, I still have the problem! It has to get fixed because I need the bike for mmi in january!!!! The bike stayed at honda for a month, they fixed nothing, rode it twice, and charged me 40 bucks. A guy that grad from mmi took a look at it. Checked the injectors and fuel pump. Both were great, I still think it may be the fuel pump, it could just have low psi when the bike decides to act up.

Ok another run down on whats up. The bike seems to feel like someone tugs on the bike ever so slightly a few times before it does the quick pause and then right back to smooth running. But if you pull in the clutch it dies. If you try to restart it now the bike will not start unless you hold the throttle half open or let the bike set in the off position for a few mins.

How the bike acted previously... First time it acted up, Bike did the pause a few times, pulled in the clutch and it had a low idle. Cycled the ignition and it ran great again. Then it slowly got worse to where it would die after I pulled in the clutch. Seemed like it done it when I'd hit a bump in the road, so I checked all connectors and di-electric greased them, no luck! So I figured the bumps may cause me to let off the throttle a little which activated the issue.

Things ive checked... all the connectors, and they are fine. Replaced the fpr, ran great for a month, then this issue started. Plugs and oil were changed with the fpr. Done the tip sensor mod, had the problem before this mod. Did the cct mod, which doesnt matter in this case. Everything else is stock, with 7500 miles on the bike. Im running fairing less, with a stunt headlight, and no ram air tubes. This was all done a month before this problem.

This is a ghost issue because on a random day i can ride and it will not do anything it shouldnt. Then get up for work the next morning and go 100 feet from the house and it does this in between shifts. Seems like the issue is more likely to happen if you leave on a cold motor. When I do leave on a cold motor I short shift to be easy on the motor until it gets the temp up a little.

Things I think it can be.... A sensor, ecu, or the fuel pump. If anyone can figure this out it'd be great because im about to just start changing **** out till I get it. Might have everything new by the end of this but I'll be damned if something gets the best of me!

I have to have this bike for trans. at mmi, this is a go or stay home issue for me. So please everyone study this and please give a educated guess, And not the "did you check the battery connection" and "it could have water in the gas" replys..... Im way ahead of the simple stuff, promise.