F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Starter fuse continues to blow

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Starter fuse continues to blow

So i took a trip to cleveleland for the first time and it was also my first time being on the turnpike. Of course i took the motorcycle its more fun. Anyways, its like a 3 hour trip in a car and like 2 hours on the bike. on the way back, the bike finally started running perfect like i just bought the thing off the show room floor. so of course i decide to run the **** out of it. Almost topped the thing out 6th gear about 10k rpms (don't have a speedometer so i have no idea how fast that is).

Anyways, i get back go pick up the gf and roll out to chipotle. I'm thinking the problem started because before i left to pick her up i was doing wheelies. so we leave chipotle hop back on and it dies. like the battery was completely dead. pushed the damn thing almost home again and said nah im done with this go to a random guys house because he had a bike outside lol and it turns out he was an scca racer sponsored and works for honda. anyways, he rips it apart and is like welp your relay blew, so we threw another one in starts up and just idles. then i pick it up off the stand and the relay blows again and it dies. put another fuse in and it does the same thing. so i gave up and pushed it all the way home. Does anyone have a clue whats going on here>

Old 10-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
So i took a trip to cleveleland for the first time and it was also my first time being on the turnpike. Of course i took the motorcycle its more fun. Anyways, its like a 3 hour trip in a car and like 2 hours on the bike. on the way back, the bike finally started running perfect like i just bought the thing off the show room floor. so of course i decide to run the **** out of it. Almost topped the thing out 6th gear about 10k rpms (don't have a speedometer so i have no idea how fast that is).

Anyways, i get back go pick up the gf and roll out to chipotle. I'm thinking the problem started because before i left to pick her up i was doing wheelies. so we leave chipotle hop back on and it dies. like the battery was completely dead. pushed the damn thing almost home again and said nah im done with this go to a random guys house because he had a bike outside lol and it turns out he was an scca racer sponsored and works for honda. anyways, he rips it apart and is like welp your relay blew, so we threw another one in starts up and just idles. then i pick it up off the stand and the relay blows again and it dies. put another fuse in and it does the same thing. so i gave up and pushed it all the way home. Does anyone have a clue whats going on here>
Sounds like a short or something. Go through the wiring diagram and do some voltage drop tests? That stories awesome btw, woulda been lot better if he fixed it.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:18 AM

lmao ya, turns out we were using to strong of a fuse and i ended up having to make a couple of grounds from scratch, one on this random tail piece i just made, and one connected to my brake lever and everything works.... now who knows how to fix droid phones lol

Old 10-09-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
lmao ya, turns out we were using to strong of a fuse and i ended up having to make a couple of grounds from scratch, one on this random tail piece i just made, and one connected to my brake lever and everything works.... now who knows how to fix droid phones lol
how does that even work? you let too much electricity through because of the fuse??? a fuse isn't a voltage regulator lol, its a safety device...

Old 10-09-2011, 09:17 AM

lmao you think i know???? its not like i decided hey blow up!

Old 10-09-2011, 10:02 AM

logically that shouldn't have fixed the problem, just because its intermittent doesn't mean its not there.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:26 PM

it was way more than intermittent, it was every 10 seconds. The problems been fixed for 5 days now