F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

*sigh* so it finally gave in...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013 | 04:27 AM
|
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Ill keep a camera at my reach

Old 07-10-2013 | 04:32 AM
|
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Btw there's a sticky of the swap right above this thread, the purpose of this one wasn't HOW to do it, more like WHEN...

Old 07-10-2013 | 05:27 AM

I know but I need to see it even more in detail since I have this half retarded brain of mine.

Old 07-10-2013 | 05:54 AM
|

Sure, no problem I'll take pics.

Btw I've read some topics about the subject at hand and have ran a couple of times into a claim that changing a faulty hydraulic cct into a new one doesn't necessarily fix the rattle, can someone verify or disprove that? The only situation I can think of is that the chain itself has stretched beyond the tensioners reach and is therefore due to be changed also.

Old 07-16-2013 | 02:23 PM
|

...conveniently at the same day as the new OEM CCT arrived at the mail I found a probable cause for the rattle:

The engine`s almost completely dry

Dumb rookie mistake, forgot that the thing drinks like a mick...

Gonna try what adding oil does to it, but since I already have the new one I might aswell swap it, given the miles the bike has ATM I have a strong suspicion that`s going to be the last time it ever gets a new one anyway...

Old 07-17-2013 | 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mattson
...conveniently at the same day as the new OEM CCT arrived at the mail I found a probable cause for the rattle:

The engine`s almost completely dry

Gonna try what adding oil does to it, but since I already have the new one I might aswell swap it, given the miles the bike has ATM I have a strong suspicion that`s going to be the last time it ever gets a new one anyway...
Oh Nooo. Anyone too lazy to make sure the bike has enough oil is surely too lazy to maintain a manual CCT. But really, installing and maintaining a manual cct is one of the easiest things you can do on the bike. It's weird, I check the oil on my bike every 2 months or so and the thing doesn't burn ANY oil.

Old 07-17-2013 | 12:29 PM
|

Not lazy, just forgetful... ok, lazy too...

I have very thick 20w-50 oil in mine and it apparently burns even that... I`m fearing the engine`s seen it`s better days and as I wrote earlier, suspecting it wont last for too long anymore... Still runs great but there`s just all these rattles and other sounds clearly indicating wear and slack on the insides on both sides, gearbox and the combustion side...

Old 07-17-2013 | 01:14 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014

Drinks like a mick!! First, the Finns begin their forum takeover, and as their first act of agression, the start slammin' the Irish!!

Old 07-17-2013 | 01:55 PM
|

Heh, remembered that line from an old Kid Rock song...

Well, drinks like a FINN anyway Show me a mick, I`ll show him at the table!

(and folks, sorry if someone finds that offensive, that was by no means my intention)

Old 07-17-2013 | 02:58 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014

Heh, remembered that line from an old Kid Rock song...

Well, drinks like a FINN anyway Show me a mick, I`ll show him at the table!
NOW the truth comes out... you boozehound!! Need I remind you of your Seize Beer avatar?!?

Oh, and by the way, friends don't let friends listen to Kid Rock , erase this garbage from your memory!!

I doubt anyone would be offended - I think it's clear you were just "funning around", as I am with you about the Finnish takeover, and the fact that no one should listen to Kid Rock! But seriously, don't listen to Kid Rock!

Quick Reply: *sigh* so it finally gave in...