F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Light Bar's anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Light Bar's anyone?

Ok so I've been contemplating for a long time, and recently decided to, get light bars on "la sancha"
this is kind of what i'm looking into:
2X 6inch 18W LED Work Light Bar Flood Beam Offroad Driving Fog 4WD Lamp Ute SUV | eBay
which i'll later combine with some spot/fog beams to get good visibility and to get rid of fairings and later the instrument cluster which'll get swapped for a cheapo chinese one first for good hands on then maybe a better one.
anyways, back to the subject at hand. I'm not a great mechanic so I gotta ask, what sort of problems will I likely run into? I do hope to free up some of my excess power. So I'm assuming that if I switch to this, my watt usage might go down from 65W to 18W. Again I'm just tossing out my expectations. But I want to make sure I can fit these here before I go ahead and do it. What have you guys run into in regards to unexpected problems?

Old 03-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You won't get distance out of them, but they'll be really damn bright, which will be great for day riding, but it may be more annoying for others at night time

Old 03-02-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
, but it may be more annoying for others at night time
Then the cut off isn't that great? What I mean is: would I be able to adjust it down to not be an a-hole?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:59 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a floodlight meant to be a working light not a directed beam so there's pretty little you can do to direct the light -unless you point it like three feet in front of you. The reflector on those is mostly a decoration and has only a minor impact -if any- on the pattern it shoots.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:55 AM

Hmm... I'll have to whip up a good 'eye-lid' to keep it from gazing at everything then, eh? I'll see what I come up with, take a few pics and post up an end result. I'm try to see if the ones I want come in a flood/spot light combination.