F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Indicator resistors needed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:34 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indicator resistors needed?

Hi all, fitted some smaller indicators to the rear of my f2 and now they flash too fast, I didn't buy led ones as I know that it's a problem with them so thought if I got some that used a normal type bulb they'd be ok, from what I can see there 21w same as the fronts so I thought they'd work fine. Will inline resistors cure this? Many thanks!

Old 08-22-2013, 06:57 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No need for resistors, just replace the stock flasher relay with an electronic flasher relay. You can get one from Superbright LEDs for around $9.

Why didn't you buy LED signals? I have a set for the rear signals on my bike. They work great and are nice and bright. I installed an electronic flasher relay from the link above and they flash normally.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
No need for resistors, just replace the stock flasher relay with an electronic flasher relay. You can get one from Superbright LEDs for around $9.

Why didn't you buy LED signals? I have a set for the rear signals on my bike. They work great and are nice and bright. I installed an electronic flasher relay from the link above and they flash normally.
Hi there,
I just picked up a 94 CBR f2 and was looking to do the same for my rear turn signals. You make it pretty easy but I'm confused as hell. Can you provide more details. Where is the stock relay. Is it simply plug and play?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed my taillight to a 600rr led with integrated turns and didnt need a resistor or flasher. that said it could be built into the board, Im not sure. You can also look at autoparts stores for a flasher relay. they have adjustable ones available at my local autozone, they are used more for emergency vehicles and the volunteers around here so not sure if they are available nationwide, but something worth looking into

Old 10-26-2013, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by JayCBR
Hi there,
I just picked up a 94 CBR f2 and was looking to do the same for my rear turn signals. You make it pretty easy but I'm confused as hell. Can you provide more details. Where is the stock relay. Is it simply plug and play?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay in replying. I didn't see your question until just now.

The flasher relay can be in different locations, depending on the particular bike. On my 1000RR it is located in the nose fairing, slightly to the right of center. If you replace it with an electronic flasher relay from Superbright LEDs that I provided a link to earlier you can have up to 4 LED turn signals and they will still all flash at the normal rate.

It is an easy plug-n-play replacement, after you locate the stock flasher relay.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:19 AM

Found it!. Ordered a CustomLED relay based on other posts in the forum.

LED's trun signals shipped too! Now to remove the rear fender :0)

Thanks!
J

Old 10-30-2013, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JayCBR
Found it!. Ordered a CustomLED relay based on other posts in the forum.
Ok, I hope you didn't spend too much for one. The link for the electronic flasher relay from Superbright LEDs is less than $9. It's the one I use on my bike.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Ok, I hope you didn't spend too much for one. The link for the electronic flasher relay from Superbright LEDs is less than $9. It's the one I use on my bike.
I did look into these but the shipping cost to Canada was more than the relay if I recall correctly so the combined cost was more than the Customled that I bought on ebay with free shipping.

Thanks for the input btw. Much appreciated.

J