F2 Media You got pics or vids of your classic CBR ... post 'em here

Proof she goes down the road.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proof she goes down the road.

A basically boring video but I just wanted you guys to see that it actually goes down the road. She shook her head a little when I first took off. Got my attention! Don't bother pointing out that I'm slow as a granny on my bike, I know and it pains me. Besides, until I get the proper gear, I ain't pushin it!
Quick romp on the CBR 600 - YouTube

Old 08-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see it running so well. Looks like you have some nice quiet country roads to play on. You've gotta love that! I like your attitude/approach about not pushing it without full gear on.

Here's my funny story about why you should always gear up. I was riding to the local store one day; it was hot, the store was close, and I had no intention of going fast... ...so even though I was geared up, I didn't zip my jacket all the way to the top. Well, a lone yellow jacket managed to fly into me and sting me in the only exposed part of my body, about 4" below my Adams apple. Freaking little bastage!

Old 08-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn, i miss the look of my full fairinged cibber

Old 08-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by wagzhp
Nice to see it running so well. Looks like you have some nice quiet country roads to play on. You've gotta love that! I like your attitude/approach about not pushing it without full gear on.

Here's my funny story about why you should always gear up. I was riding to the local store one day; it was hot, the store was close, and I had no intention of going fast... ...so even though I was geared up, I didn't zip my jacket all the way to the top. Well, a lone yellow jacket managed to fly into me and sting me in the only exposed part of my body, about 4" below my Adams apple. Freaking little bastage!
Man, that sounds like my kind of luck. And trust me when I say I won't be going fast at all until I get full gear. (Honestly, I probably shouldn't be riding it at all) I think in a week or two. I just gotta pay my Bill Me Later down under a hundred bux and I'm good.

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
damn, i miss the look of my full fairinged cibber
That's too funny Jank! I remember when I first joined up here talking to you about that very thing. You were just talking about going street fighter at the time iirc(i could be wrong though). Yeah, these bikes look best with full fairings on them if you ask me. Just looks sexy.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He just wanted to fighter it out, cuz' he keeps thrashing his fairings - you gotta cut that $h!t out, Jank!!

Old 08-14-2012, 05:00 PM

are you clutchless shifting half the time? jw

Old 08-14-2012, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
He just wanted to fighter it out, cuz' he keeps thrashing his fairings - you gotta cut that $h!t out, Jank!!
Lol!

Originally Posted by lewisF4i
are you clutchless shifting half the time? jw
Yes, I'm just learning. I watched a video on Youtube about how to do it. You preload the shifter a bit and right when you just barely back off the throttle for just a millisecond, you put the last little bit of pressure on the shifter and "bam" you're in the next gear. It is really smooth when you do it right, nearly seamless.

Now I gotta watch the video again. Kewl!