Radar proof

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radar proof

Yeah, this sounds kinda out there but do you think its possible to make a bike radar proof?

I think they alreadly have problems detecting these bikes (from front or rear).
I am doing some carbon fiber work and thought to myself "stealth bike".
I was gonna do a jet black theme but I wanted to be different, CF overlay with right angles everywhere.

Feasible?

Old 10-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Default RE: Radar proof

it might look cool but i dont think its gonna efect the pickup of the speed guns.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:45 PM

Someone told me that there are jammers sold on the internet. The jammers work by detecting the radar signal and then send back to the radar gun a signal that you are going 5 mph, 300 mph and then 5 mph. In order for the radar gun to operate properly a speed does have to be verified by the radar gun. Jammers do not allow that. You can also program a jammer to confuse the initial hit by the gun and to alert the driver of the hit, then the driver can slow down and deactivate the jammer and then hopefully the radar gun would pick you up at a reduced speed.
I have never verified if these products work, just what I have heard.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:00 PM

Yeah, the radar jammers dont work, signals are too weak. Theres even a guy thats offering $5,000 to find one that actually works. The project will be mainly for looks anyhow, Just thought it would be cool to be "radar proof".

Old 10-31-2006, 07:21 PM

You must not understand stealth design very well. The idea is to eliminate right angles, not create more of them. Right angles bounce signals back, obtuse angles do not, but rather deflect them into the atmosphere.

but to be honest, it's not going to work very well. you're better off just to go the god damn speed limit.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:58 PM

Why does it have to be a "God D#@*" speed limit instead of a regular speed limit. Is there a specific speed that God doesn't like so much that he would damn it to an eternity in Hell???

Old 10-31-2006, 07:59 PM

because i said so... that's why.[&:]

Old 11-01-2006, 12:34 AM

WTF slugger, have a bad day? I'm realy annoyed with all the cocky replies on this forum. Bunch of BS!!
Keep your smartass remarks to yourself cause I dont wanna hear them.

As I said b4, ts mainly as a theme for looks. And ALL angles DO deflect radio waves depending on their placement. flat spots bounce the signal back. So, go steal some young kids halloween candy, if you already havent.

Ha, drive 55mph everywhere? Gimme a break, my bike begs me to rip on it!!

No right angles in this photo? Well this is what i meant anyhow, whether I know anything or not.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-01-2006, 01:45 AM

Well you speed at your own risk, nothing is full proof.. just do it where you know you have a good chance our run

Old 11-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bushmasterAR15

WTF slugger, have a bad day? I'm realy annoyed with all the cocky replies on this forum. Bunch of BS!!
Keep your smartass remarks to yourself cause I dont wanna hear them.

As I said b4, ts mainly as a theme for looks. And ALL angles DO deflect radio waves depending on their placement. flat spots bounce the signal back. So, go steal some young kids halloween candy, if you already havent.

Ha, drive 55mph everywhere? Gimme a break, my bike begs me to rip on it!!

No right angles in this photo? Well this is what i meant anyhow, whether I know anything or not.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
+1

Quick Reply: Radar proof