eXtremeFairings.com MotorcycleFairingsRUs.com now known as eXtremeFairings.com have aftermarket Honda CBR600RR Fairings, Honda CBR1000RR Fairings, Honda CBR600F4/F4i Fairings,Honda CBR954RR/CBR929RR Fairings and Honda CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird Motorcycle Fairings.

2001 929RR "Erion" Fairing Set Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 929RR "Erion" Fairing Set Experience

Early June 2012 - exchanged some e-mail with questions - they were all promptly answered.

June 28,2012 - Ordered the fairings

July 4, 2012 - Got e-mail confirming the set had been made and a link to a picture of them, and a tracking number for the package.

July 10,2012 - Package arrived at my door.

First impressions:
The color looks good on all the pieces, no obvious broken tabs or weak points where screws will go. All pieces were present and individually wrapped (with 1 exception - which will be below). 2 pieces of heat shielding.

The RAM air covers, and the 3 pieces that hold the front fairings together in the front were all placed in the center of the box together,in a jumble with each other - as a result of this there are many small scratches on all of these pieces, the ones that completely out of sight I can live with, but the 2 RAM air covers are very visible (they go between the tank and the front fairing on each side - just below the handlebars). I am going to see if i can get those 2 pieces replaced - and may try using something like an appliance gloss black paint on a small piece of the "old" ones to see if that might help

The actual fairings themselves appear to be about the same thickness a sthe original OEM ones. Over the next few weeks I will be slowely replacing the originals with these and will be taking comparison pictures of each piece (to show color differences, and any size differences, how oles line up, etc). I plan on posting these pictures as I go along. I already have a gloss black fairing bolt set here, I may order some red and white ones so thet each bolt will be the same color as the fairing that it is attaching to.

The Heat shield pieces appear to be pretty thin and I am not sure how well they will protect the fairings. I think I will get some more pieces (haier and Moose racing seem to be the 2 that are widely avail), and cover the insides of all the fairings that are anywhere close to the engine and/or pipes.

Decals on the fairings:

Below the clear coat (A very good thing) - "HONDA" on each side cowel at the bottom,

Above the clear coat (not so good) - the "Erion Racing" on each side cowel, the "HONDA" on the rear cowel,the "929 RR" on the sides of the rearcowel, the "CBR" on the front cowel.

Putting ALL of the decals under at least 1 coat of cleat coat would be the best way to help protect the decals from coming off. The only advantage to having the decals above the clear coat would be if they needed to be replaced it would be easier to remove them.

That is it for now, more to come as I so each piece.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Default New fairings on now

I have the new fairings installed now, very little pushing or pulling needed to get them to fit, just some to get the midfairings on each side to mate with the front fairing. I was waiting on some colored fairing bolts(have black, red, and white now) that I had ordered to finish putting them on, they finally arrived on Thursday.

I sent them an e-mail about the scratches on the ram air covers - still have not heard anything back on that.

My wifes dad just passed away and all the funural stuff is this weekend so I will proabley not get the pictures posted until sometime this upcoming week.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Default Still waiting for Rrsponse from Vendor...

What I thought (hoped) was a small and easily taken care of issue of:
#1 The RAM Air covers and 3 other pirces being scratced up from just all being put togeter in the middle of the packing - with no protection for any of the individual pieces and #2 - the air vent covers missing completely. I have sent Stephen 3 e-mails now and the only response that I have received was after the first one which was "
Hi, i'm not sure what i can do. I will contact the factory about the matter." on 7-12-2012.
It has now been almost a month and i have heard absolutely nothing at all back. I know that he is getting e-mails and posting on facebook so the only thing I can gather is that ever so common "ignore a problem and hope that it goes away so I do not have to deal with it". I had hoped to not have to take the action but I opened up a dispute with Pay Pal today to see if that might help get this resolved(and I wanted to get it open before the magic 45 day window had passed also - just in case). It is always sad when something looks so promising and then ends up going south as soon as there is any sort of issue. I had not brought it up before now as to not color the issue- but I know of 2 other people here in the KC area that I know of were waiting to see how this went before placing their orders -at this rate those orders will not be with this vendor - the actual product still looks good, but looking good is only 1 part of a good overall experience. Being able to deal with issues in a fair and open and expedient manner is another part that seems to be missing here.

I will still post pictures when I get a chance.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi, send me photos of the scratched parts and we will get new parts sent to you.

Thanks
Stephen

Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM

I was given a tracking number for my replacement parts. I just did a tracking on that number and another "issue" has happened. The package that the tracking number is associated with tried to be delivered today - to Fort Campbell, KY - I Live in Kansas and am not any sort of Military base. I sent Motorcyclefairings a query to see if the tracking number was incorrect or what the heck is going on. It does not look promising for me to get the replacmement parts any time soon . So we will see what happend next.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Cool

Looks like the factory used a box that had been previously used before, it had an address of someone at the Fort in Kentucky. After talking with the USPS they got it sent my way. I received the parts yesterday. Bad news though, the factory wrapped the non painted pieces (good) - but all together so that they scratched each other up for the entire trip(bad) - which is what happened on the original set. I took pictures and sent them to Stephen - i posted a question on another thread here about a way to get the 2 RAM Air parts looking good - It sounds like if I sand them then use paint that is for plastic, then put a clearcoat on it should get the pieces that are visiblr looking up to par with the rest of the fairings. I was a little annoyed at the initial brush off about the scratches on the initial order - but if I can get them looking good for fairly cheap then I will be happy. I suggest that if anyone else orders from them that they speciffy that ALL pieces get individually wrapped or they may end up with the same issue. They did includ ethe 2 small pieces that were left off the initial order also (they go behind the front fairing vent holes - so I have those now also. I have included a picture of how it was packed, and a picture showing the scratches - still to come will be the whole bike and te 2 RAM Air covers once I sand them and paint them.

Attached Thumbnails 2001 929RR "Erion" Fairing Set Experience-packaging2.jpg   2001 929RR "Erion" Fairing Set Experience-008.jpg