Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

Just got busted by v-rod!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ain't gonna lie, the night rod is a big fat pig in the corners. I scrape bits too often that ought not get scraped. But with the PC5, autotune and a few garage mods she's fully capable of going stoplight to stoplight with most anything that isn't being force fed air or nitrous.

Guys at work still tell me I ride like a maniac. Believe I'm the first person ever to cup my front tire (really need a new one) pushing what little twistiness is in the thing. But I think I am much more conservative these days and do my best to enjoy the ride ... and that's the story I'm sticking with ...

Old 10-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
I ain't gonna lie, the night rod is a big fat pig in the corners. I scrape bits too often that ought not get scraped. But with the PC5, autotune and a few garage mods she's fully capable of going stoplight to stoplight with most anything that isn't being force fed air or nitrous.

Guys at work still tell me I ride like a maniac. Believe I'm the first person ever to cup my front tire (really need a new one) pushing what little twistiness is in the thing. But I think I am much more conservative these days and do my best to enjoy the ride ... and that's the story I'm sticking with ...
Was thinking bout getting a PCV w/ autotune for Yolie. Wasn't liking the throttle respone... Then I started riding in Race mode

I like the night rod. But I wasn't blessed with natural cushion so anything except a sport bike makes my *** hurt

Old 10-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, yeah when i go out with my riding friend that has a v-rod and we start playing on the throttle i always have to keep it at the top end of revs on every gear to stay in front, til we 140 or so, then i start pulln away. ( btw, this dude likes to scrape parts too, he can ride)

if im not perfect on shifts and riding while doing so, he will...poof disapear out in front! damn thing has so much torque. i cant fall asleep on the throttle at all, or else.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock V-Rod puts out about 115 crank HP. The bikes have kits but most are running in the mid 10's with them. Great bikes but lots of money needs to be spent to make them real fast.