Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

Just got busted by v-rod!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got busted by v-rod!

i just have to share this and admit defeat. i take a lot of pride in my riding skills and how i like to pull away from bigger bikes with a lil 99 cbr 600. in the corners, and drag racing too. especially the v-rod guys..and girls. i know the rods are a very stought bike to say the least, i have a lot of respect for them for the power they can deliver and love how they sound.

however, i know a stock 600 class bike can eat em up any day of the week. im saying stock vs stock. i smile when ever i come up on one cause i know whats gonna happen. lol, with that being said, today i pass by this v-rod kinda get on it a little when passing to show em i wanna run em. so he jumps on it and is coming from behind and qiuckly is in front by the time we hit the stop light. so im thinking, ok he's going to be a little bit of a challenge, figured i'd still take em though. not so. we came to a rolling stop then it turned green quikly. then we pinned it, we were side by side. when i hit second i started a power wheelie and hit a hump in the road which threw me off balance and i had to throttle down. he shoots forward in victory...damn v-rod guys. he continues to haul *** around the next corner damn near doing a knee down. ok, i got lazy on the throttle with a guy who knows how to ride..end of story. just had to share

Old 09-20-2012, 06:35 AM

lol I destroyed one of these when they first came out with my old 954... he launched good, but by the end of first, I was like three links ahead and it just got worse from there. Lol, next time take it to the track and smoke em.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Careful... y'all might tempt Chainstretecher to come school ya

Old 09-22-2012, 02:47 PM

he he

Old 09-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know plenty of trackday guys who exclusively ride Harley's on the street. Your run of the mill 9-5 weekend warrior may make them look clumsy, but in the right hands you'd be surprised.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:41 PM

Ha... you can maybe take im in the long haul stretch but i tell you, those V-Rods are packing some torque. A 04 Harley V Rod is putting out almost 90 f/lb in torque... thats more than a 2011 1000rr. And if it had some power mods than maybe a little more. Ive learned over the years that HP aint everything, its how much torque is pushing that puppy...

Old 09-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Those things are sick! Nice of you to admit defeat haha

Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM

i know what ya mean, i think i came across one of those guys that day,lol.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have a look at the horsepower a VRod delivers as well as the torque - I think it's around 155 BHP if memory serves. In the right hand and using standard gearing there is no way you should be able to stay with a VRod on the straight bits on a 600 Corners would be different and on Finch's 954, different too.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
Have a look at the horsepower a VRod delivers as well as the torque - I think it's around 155 BHP if memory serves. In the right hand and using standard gearing there is no way you should be able to stay with a VRod on the straight bits on a 600 Corners would be different and on Finch's 954, different too.
Heyheyhey!!!

Yolie fears no Harley

Quick Reply: Just got busted by v-rod!