Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

600RR vs. GSXR1000

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600RR vs. GSXR1000

So last tuesday I went out to a big car meet with a few of my friends and there were a few bikes there. There was also a Civic hatch running 10's at the track talkin shhhh about being able to beat everything in the parking lot. So I said I had an all motor 4-cylinder Honda that would smoke his car on the street. Sure enough he found out it was a bike and wouldn't run me without going home to get his slicks. So, his buddy on a GSXR1000 was like i'll run you...I said what's done and he said it was stock. So I go over to it and obviously it has at minimal a slip on. I'm like alright i'll run you. So he gets on and pulls next to me and I notice it's sitting lower than my bike and i'm like great, it's lowered and strapped, there goes my advantage. So we pull up to a stop sign and he's switching settings on something and I ask him what's really done to it. He said it's lowered, strapped and has an air shifter. After he was talking shhh about beating me in a wheelie he tells me he has it set up for dragging. Anyway we catch a light, he jumps early and only beat me by about 2-3 bikes. I was mad I got beat but wasn't too disapointed considering what he had done to only beat me by a few bikes. I hate how he had a bigger bike but still had to lie about what's done...

Old 08-10-2009, 06:40 PM

thats pretty pathetic. go drop some weight on the bike in your rotational mass and through out the body then offer to race him again.

we were BSing with this guy on a ZX14 . i told him i would take him to the next light (there was about 10 of us on this ride this is how i know the story)
hes lowered and streched...but then again i am heavly modded

the great thing about this is we like turns here in Utah and shear engine isnt worth a thing so we go to the spot.

but we get to the light, hits green and im GONE!, i guess about 3/4 down the straight he starts reeling me in, but the trick is there is a NASTY right hander.. so i fade on some brake, and slide through the turn.. accel through the wide left and stop at the light...

well i guess he almost crapped him self coing into that right hander bearly made it, and when he cleaned up the left he just kept going...i wanted to offer a perfect straight line to him, but we havent seen him yet

Name:  Untitled-17.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  32.1 KB

and the beast that beat him
Name:  DSC_4243.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  123.9 KB

i hope this gives you inseration to try and kick his *** again

Old 08-11-2009, 02:22 PM

Its pathetic that I lost to it? Considering it's probly close to a 10.1 bike, I don't think it's pathetic at all. I was happy to be within a few bikes considering what he had done. I'm a 600rr on stock suspension, height and everything. If he were stock I would have out launched him and won the race but on top of what he has done suspension wise, he jumped the start. That's sweet you beat a zx14 though. Personally I wouldn't have put another rider in danger the way you did knowing about the right hander toward the end but that's me.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Banned

thats gay have a bigger bike a lie

Old 02-21-2010, 03:13 PM

600 can run in the 10's the outcome was better then i thought it would be