CBR1000RR or GSXR1000?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR1000RR or GSXR1000?

Hi,
I would appreciate to get feedback from you guys. I am about to purchase a new ride (2006 models) and I can't decide between those two models.
I have owned several GSX-R' (600, 750, 1000) and CBR's (600RR and had the chance to ride a 1000 a couple of times).
Several elements make me want to buy a GSX-R (performance, styling, grin factor, GSX-R's are usually rock solid stable, etc), but other elements make me want to buy a CBR (Quality, stability, electronic steering damper, long term value).
On the other hand, some elements make me want NOT to buy a GSX-R (front suspension?, twitchy??, finish is not so high quality, colors are no so appealing to me this year) and some elements make me NOT want to buy a CBR (still has 1970's flashers, styling, undertail exhaust, comfort, heavier, pricier).
I think the best way to choose is to read what people with real life experience with one or both of these bikes, have to say.
Your feedback would be appreciated.
Pat

Old 03-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Default RE: CBR1000RR or GSXR1000?

umm one of the two things that made me get my 06 600rr..was the headlights and under exhaust. everyone i talked to said they definaltily like the under exhaust. cause it does like like such a ricer then..more modest. and the gsxr healights are not nice what so ever..i'd buy on looks..they are all fast and built solid.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what changes the '06 Gixxers have but the 1kRRs have been tweaked and lightened a bit. Still not as light as a gixxer though. My good buddy at work has an '04 gixxer and my '04 RR is all he can handle despite my ride being a good 30# heavier and supposedly underpowered. We have basically the same mods (slip on) and weigh within 10# of each other. Gearing, ram air, weight distribution, suspension set-up: all have a role to play in how the bike functions on the street as opposed to a dyno.

If I were buying a bike strictly for the track I'd pick the gixxer over the 1kRR. Both the zooks and hondas are practically bullet proof if you keep up the maintenance. But I put from 12-15K miles a year on my bike so comfort and non-twitchiness are a big factor for me.

So you can't really go wrong either way -- but this site can't help ya much with the zooky.... that in itself is reason enough to buy the RR

Old 03-05-2006, 04:38 PM

You picked the wrong site to ask that question.................The CBR wins, NO question. I've riiden the gixxer and yea it's fast but the layout on it feels like my old F2 from years back. The CBR is refined which turns some people off. But hey, if you want a quick bike that can't quite hang in the stability factor, buy the supuki. Besides, unless you can ride like Hayden you will never be able to really tell the absolute diff between the two.[sm=hail.gif] REPSOL CBR1000RR

Old 03-05-2006, 05:09 PM

Ditto. I bought my ride for the looks of it. I' not even going to kid myself that I MAY be able to ride any of the litre bikes, or a 6 for that matter, to what the thing is capable of. I would be making a much larger income than I am if I COULD. I love HONDA reliability and they resell WAY better, at least in my experiences, than any other. Like others have said, you picked the wrong place to try to convince yourself to buy a SUZUKI over the HONDA. Go with your first instinct. NONE of my HONDA'S have ever given me a problem, from motocrosser to lawn mower, as far as reliability. Opinions are like A-HOLES though, everyons has them..good luck with the bike you do decide on!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 PM

Yep.....Honda all the way.....No comparison.....I will ride-RED and bleed-RED for the rest of my life.......Have had nothing but hondas since i was 5....no since switching up now!!

Old 03-05-2006, 10:42 PM

the gsxr's are the ugliest bikes on earth their fairing design and tailsection are hideous, colorscheme is something out of a crayola crayon box.if your going for bragging rights or just a spec junkie right out of a magazine then go with a zuki but my 1krr has 190hp with ohlins suspension setup come and beat me zuki's.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:03 PM

Thanks for your replies guys!
I am a Honda person too. The only car brands I have ever owned are Honda's.
Oh! That's not true: I now own an Acura TSX
My lawnmower is a Honda and my last two bikes were Honda's too!
The only reason why I am considering the Gixxer is because one of my friends has a Suzuki dealer and I could buy it cost...
But my heart is still red and I think that's what it is going to be!
I love the 2006 black CBR1000RR!!!
PS: JCF1977, your Repsol looks awesome! Are your rear signals integrated in your brake light? How much did you pay for your Arata tell me about the sound!! Is it too loud?
Keep riding!!
Pat

Old 03-06-2006, 04:00 AM

Hey Pat, thanks for the comp. on my bike. Yea the rear LED tailight set-up is a integrated unit made by clear alternatives. As far as the Arata goes, I paid 800.00 for the slip-on with down pipe all in Titanium. That price was about 5 months back and have since come down signif. Check out superbikesupply.com for the Arata. Make sure if you are interested in the slip on that yo get the "new style" since it fills in the space under the tail so effectively. As far as the sound, it sounds great. Nice low rumble at Idle with a smooth raspy wail when floggin' it. If you want a good site that offers good info on cbr1000rr set up check out http://hooliganbiketech.dynup.net/ He also has a ton of sondbites for pipes on cbr1000rr's. Go with the Arata, it's blingin' and bad ***.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:53 AM

Hey WolfPack, hit me up sometime if you want to put a ride together. I'm trying to get a ride out to Deals, Cherohola, and the area when the season gets a little more consistent. FYI some guys get together every Thurs. night, around 6:15 at Honda of H-P and do a ride, if you didn't know that, not sure if you are in H-P or W-S.

Quick Reply: CBR1000RR or GSXR1000?