Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Spots removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Spots removal

Sup cbr peeps?? well i just moved from my old apartment which was real nice had a garage for me to keep my bike in at all times. But i just moved last weekend and parked my bike under a car port. then the next day it got wet from the sprinklers and the sun hit it. Now i got water spots all over my freakin bike....dam im still pissed about it. it left some water residue i think its etching they call it not sure. well anyways i put a tarp over it for now to keep more water from getting on it.

So my question is does anyone know how to remove the water spots?? Any tips would be appreciated.......

DAm i knew i shouldnt have moved, but the place cost too much but there was a reason for it i know..

Old 09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Default RE: Water Spots removal

I got water spots all over the side of my bike @ work too recently. You just gotta be patient, I don't know how people do it but I just used wetrag to remove all the dirt and stuff and used Meguires polish and it got rid of all the water spots. Make sure when you apply polishing compound do it in circles, that's how the spots get removed from my experience. I've heard all other ways though. And the spots on plastics came off pretty easy by rubbing wet rag in a circle for awhile

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 AM

A damp microfiber cloth should do the trick for that.

Use a leaf blower to dry the bike once your finished washing it. No water spots, works like a charm.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:41 PM

thx for the input fellas imma try the microfiber towel and see how that works. any place in particular for one of those towels? I think imma stop by wal-mart and see what they got. thx again.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Default Water spots

I use a product called "Whink". You can get it at Walmart in the cleaning isle. I've used it on all sorts of paint and it never did any damage, and there's almost no elbow grease involved. Use in a well ventilated area, or get high as hell, or maybe you're into that lol.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by siksauce
imma try the microfiber towel and see how that works. any place in particular for one of those towels?
The local auto parts store will have some. I've never tried a leaf blower but I do use a air compessor to remove excess water after I wash my bike.

Moses

Old 09-19-2010, 08:01 AM

You can use a fine grit automotive rubbing compund, depending on how long the water spots sat...or, you can get any product that removes lime scale, something like CLR from Wal Mart. Periodically wax AND polish all metal (tank) and plastics. This will help to protect it from future water spots, or reduce the time it takes to remove them...One ole school technique is to use vinegar, I just dislike the smell.

Lastly, Tomar product make a product called Splash, which is an acid wash. You must wear gloves with it, but it will remove the spots. You can Google them for their web address. I use this product on a lot of cars that I detail...

Hope this helps