CBR of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!

****ROTM VOTING AUGUST '07****

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ****ROTM VOTING AUGUST '07****

A lot of you guys would do much better if you had better pics. Don't take pics in your garage with lots of clutter around. When voting on stuff like this over the internet, a visually appealing presentation goes a long way. IT's not like all these bikes are in the parking lot outside and we can all go out there and kick the tires and look at them in their natural setting. Some of you guys are limiting yourself by using a cell phone in a poorly lit alley or something like that.

You don't have to be a professional photographer or anything like that at all. After you clean your bike and make it all pretty and shiny, don't take a pic in your wet driveway with the bucket and hose laying there. Just doesn't work for a photo contest and if you do win, is that the pic you want on the calendar?

Not picking on anyone in particular. Just when you make a gallery or post pics with the hopes of winning the bike of the month, put a few minutes thought into the picture.

Sorry for the off-topic rant -- well not really a rant. Just some friendly advice for some of those that are trying to win and have extremely nice looking bikes, but really crappy pics. Again, this is certainly not directed at any one in particular.

Oh by the way... Blue Fox gets my vote. Subtle mods, very clean bike, great pics.... plus I'm very partial to the Red/Black Honda scheme. [sm=drlove.gif]

Old 07-28-2007, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

A lot of you guys would do much better if you had better pics.

You don't have to be a professional photographer or anything like that at all. Just doesn't work for a photo contest and if you do win, is that the pic you want on the calendar?

Not picking on anyone in particular. Just when you make a gallery or post pics with the hopes of winning the bike of the month, put a few minutes thought into the picture.
+1
Good post!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:17 PM

Got yer back bindel

Old 07-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

You don't have to be a professional photographer or anything like that at all. After you clean your bike and make it all pretty and shiny, don't take a pic in your wet driveway with the bucket and hose laying there. Just doesn't work for a photo contest and if you do win, is that the pic you want on the calendar?

Oh by the way... Blue Fox gets my vote. Subtle mods, very clean bike, great pics.... plus I'm very partial to the Red/Black Honda scheme. [sm=drlove.gif]
I agree completely. I just Honda Polished my bike, took it out for a ride, (about 10 minutes from my house) and took my pics with a 5 Megapixel handheld point-and-shoot camera on the automatic setting. Then all I did when I got home was crop it down to the size I wanted and posted them online.

Taking a good picture isn't hard.....and you don't have to have a $3500 dollar camera with a $2000 dollar optically-stabilized lens. My camera that I take ALL my pics of my bike with is a $240.00 Canon A610 5 megapixel camera always taken with the automatic setting and NO FLASH....EVER!!! NEVER take a picture of your bike with the flash on. Even in low light, make sure the camera is 100% still and take the pic with NO FLASH. The pic will turn out MUCH better. (trust me. [sm=badbadbad.gif])

And thanks for the comment. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:50 PM

BlurFox all the way I love the look, it looks like somthing you can ride

Old 07-29-2007, 08:19 PM

Excelent photog skills Blue Fox

Old 07-29-2007, 10:49 PM

I like Blue Fox's bike too.