CBR of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!

****ROTM VOTING AUGUST '07****

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ****ROTM VOTING AUGUST '07****

man i don't gets no love

Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dementedf3

man i don't gets no love
You get my vote

As a former f3 rider, everything that i wanted to do before i sold her you did. you get my props.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

I could make a list if you like =P

but seriously i didnt even vote for my bike it's on the calander already it's someone elses time now!
I'm just curious, why do we let former winners re-enter the contest? Is there a waiting period after you win?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

^ as far as i know there is no time limit after you win once.. i personally think you should be allowed to win again. if you are nominated you should decline. and you shouldnt be able to be in it back to back months. but after waiting a month i say it sup to the fans if they wanna give ya another shot. (point in case with both bindel and bluefox, both have been in it previous months and not won so its fair..)

rojerlockless: sorry bout that , wasnt trying to single you out rather use you as an example . either way i fixed what i said

Old 07-24-2007, 02:59 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Hey blue i'v been looking at ur bike for 10 min are the only mods you have done to it turn signals, rim stripes, and the fendor eliminator?
oh and a tank pad?

im just curious

*edit* I won 2006 in October btw

Old 07-24-2007, 04:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

Hey blue i'v been looking at ur bike for 10 min are the only mods you have done to it turn signals, rim stripes, and the fendor eliminator?
oh and a tank pad?

im just curious

*edit* I won 2006 in October btw
A couple more, but yes, you got the major ones.

- Rizoma Turnsignals with Watsen Running Light Modulators
- Hand Fabricated Fender Eliminator (you'll never see one like mine because I made it.)
- Front "Raccoon Mask" vinyl graphics to compliment stock vinyls.
- Rear Tail Vinyls
- Rim stripes
- Dunlop vinyl logos made for tires
- Honda OEM Seat Cowl
- 10000k HID Headlamp System

As a graphic artist, I go by a simple design rule...........Less is more. Every mod I do to my bike, I want it to compliment the bike, not stick out on it's own.

Think of Chip Foose for instance. When you look at one of his cars, all you see is one beautiful machine. Nothing sticks out, or looks out of place. All you see is the beauty of the car as a whole because everything just works........it all flows together. All the modifications compliment one another to create a work of art.

That's how I like view my bike. A little here, a little there. It still looks a bit like a stock bike, but at the same time it doesn't. You said it yourself, you looked at my bike for 10 minutes, trying to find out what I did to it........and I take that as a HUGE compliment.........because that's exactly how I want people to view my bike. I want them to look at it and go "Wow." (at least, that's what I hope people do when they look at my bike.)

So to conclude my novel of a post........I took what was already beautiful, and made it more beautiful.

Name:  newandnow.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  102.3 KB

And thanks again for the compliment.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:28 AM

I go by a simple design rule...........Less is more. Every mod I do to my bike, I want it to compliment the bike, not stick out on it's own.
you too, thats what i did also![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 07-24-2007, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

^ as far as i know there is no time limit after you win once.. i personally think you should be allowed to win again. if you are nominated you should decline. and you shouldnt be able to be in it back to back months. but after waiting a month i say it sup to the fans if they wanna give ya another shot. (point in case with both bindel and bluefox, both have been in it previous months and not won so its fair..)

rojerlockless: sorry bout that , wasnt trying to single you out rather use you as an example . either way i fixed what i said
I know BlueFox and Bindel have been in the race before, but to my knowledge they have never won. I also know that rogerjlockless won last year for Oct. (I have the calendar). I was just wondering if past winners were on a time restriction before they can be nominated again. I was just being curious. I think a person should be nominated as many times as it takes for them to win, but I don't think a person should be able to win twice in the same year. No offense roger! <----- I wouldn't mind seeing your bike again in the 2008 calendar.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

man looking at the before and after pic

"Front "Raccoon Mask" vinyl graphics to compliment stock vinyls."

makes ur bike look a million times better

Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 AM

ras122's bike is nice for an 18 year old CBR600 "hurricane." The work he did to convert this bike is incredible. I would love to do something like that to my 89. My votes with you. Good luck.

Quick Reply: ****ROTM VOTING AUGUST '07****