CBR of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!

Hear Ye! Support Your ROTM Candidate Here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dyracuse
idk, I don't think I'd win, but it's a sweet little bike anyways, around here it was probably about an extra grand because I HAD to have that paint job lol.
Just getting the opportunity to show off your bike is good enough in my books man........being in the 5 to go to the vote is success in my book.

3 words

GO FOR IT

Old 12-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do, hopefully she doesn't see me sitting on that 09 in the shop that I can't afford though.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Originally Posted by dyracuse
I do, hopefully she doesn't see me sitting on that 09 in the shop that I can't afford though.
Bikes are more like beer than women -- they don't care if you have more than one ...

Old 12-18-2009, 10:34 PM

I spose, hopefully you got another Honda though right, the Harley isn't your only bike is it?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by rsp919
Thanks Bill for standing up against the campaigning machine that is cbr(1000f)forum.
I see you have put your finger on a feature of democracy that has caused much woe to those whose brethren literally won't lift a finger to help them. You see, it isn't really majority rule, but rule by the majority who CARE i.e. the majority of those willing to expend the few meager calories required to vote. Well, the proud 1000F boosters Care with capital C. It is truly unfortunate for those who hitch their wagons to the weak of will and slack of jaw.

Originally Posted by rsp919
...but I would rather have a bike that doesn't look like anyone else's.
Spending one's gold on lavish accouterments is but ONE way to achieve separation from the herd. And sometimes that doesn't even achieve its goal. Consider a certain current baby naming trend. Does calling one's child "Shegundela" because no one has heretofore had the temerity to attempt it truly create a rarefied aura for the unfortunate offspring? On the contrary, such conglomerations of lettering into senseless and rootless names all blend together in their meaningless anonymity. Are the pasty faced, black haired, pierced and tattooed Goths truly "different"? Nay, they are all the same.

There is another way to achieve rarity. To become unique. To maintain. To preserve. To lovingly care for an entity of superb quality. It is a becoming. A classic. A achievement far ahead of its time. A beacon to the craft. A watershed event in the history of two-wheeled beauty and romance. After nigh onto 20 years of superlative care and feeding, a great ride becomes a CLASSIC ride, a rarity. A happening. It can't be found on a showroom floor nor made from parts gathered from hither and yon. It is a kindred spirit to all the finer things in life. The Daytona. The SS. The Cord. The Duesy. The Cobra.

It is now something that happened but once. It will never be again. And importantly, which cannot truly be duplicated. It will never pass this way again. It is worthy.

Last edited by JHouse; 12-19-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JHouse
On the contrary, such conglomerations of lettering into senseless and rootless names all blend together in their meaningless anonymity.
Aye, but therein lies the rub. For he who hath come and bestowed kinship upon the soul of his steed... kinship which can only be shared along that passage of time and the investment of blood and sweat. I beseech thee to find the mightiest of steeds, fifteen hands in magnitude and swift as the breeze which hath stood sturdy within a stable, nay been hindered and I shall challenge thee with the humblest of 125cc mares which holds true kinship to a master. Shed thine self of whimsies such as brand names and emo-goths. Rarity becometh of those who radiate it. Be it stock or modded, these mighty soul imbued steeds grace us by virtue of their masters and by this belief I mean to quell this seeming divide. Aiight, dawg? PaYce!

Old 12-19-2009, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by JHouse
There is another way to achieve rarity. To become unique. To maintain. To preserve. To lovingly care for an entity of superb quality. It is a becoming. A classic. A achievement far ahead of its time. A beacon to the craft. A watershed event in the history of two-wheeled beauty and romance. After nigh onto 20 years of superlative care and feeding, a great ride becomes a CLASSIC ride, a rarity. A happening. It can't be found on a showroom floor nor made from parts gathered from hither and yon.
Originally Posted by raylee
Aye, but therein lies the rub. For he who hath come and bestowed kinship upon the soul of his steed... kinship which can only be shared along that passage of time and the investment of blood and sweat. I beseech thee to find the mightiest of steeds, fifteen hands in magnitude and swift as the breeze which hath stood sturdy within a stable, nay been hindered and I shall challenge thee with the humblest of 125cc mares which holds true kinship to a master.
God i love reading these posts, you both deserve the Nobel prize for those paragraphs.

All said and done both Sprock and rsp919 bikes are great,
rsp919's is better tho

Old 12-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Your are right Bill..........dayum man ...........Joe what can I say .........????..........and
Raylee has abandoned the YO YO Y"ALL and is now giving you a run for your money
in literal complexity ..........either way it has to be a good laugh all the same

let me modify an almost perfect quote if I may

"All said and done both Sprock and rsp919 bikes are great",
[Sprock's is better tho] ........lol

dyracuse ............a hah hah ...........ya got me laughing .........!

Last edited by Sprock; 12-19-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:28 AM

Well, of course I must vote for my fellow CBR 1000F. That said, what truly won my vote was the care and attention that Sprock displays in his wonderful pictures. I want to live there. Also, rsp's machine seemed extremely well crafted and, if I may say so, being most probably the youngest of the CBR 1000F riders around, very cool. Perhaps, in the end, it was O Pioneer! himself that dealt rsp the final blow...you know...fat guy...drives a hummer...

Last edited by SonofJHouse; 12-19-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sprock
let me modify an almost perfect quote if I may

"All said and done both Sprock and rsp919 bikes are great",
[Sprock's is better tho] ........lol

Nice one Sprock, a deserved winner.

If i may be so bold i'd like to make a couple of suggestions that would improve the look and performance of your bike...

A nice Yoshi underseat exhaust conversion, a full race tune, a K&N filter, some nice carbon panels, carbon mini/flush fitting indicators, some choice Titax levers, some nice billet rear-sets, an Ohlins fork and rear shock conversion, some Brembos and ceramic discs, a set of braided hoses, a jack-up kit, a deep brace Metmachex box section swinging arm, and a lick of paint

Quick Reply: Hear Ye! Support Your ROTM Candidate Here!