CBR of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!

Hear Ye! Support Your ROTM Candidate Here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hear Ye! Support Your ROTM Candidate Here!

I'm thinking this ROTM thing is a little too passive. There's no place to point out the strong points of your candidate and the foibles of the loyal opposition. What do you say we do that here? Real Politics in Real Time. It could be a hoot.

Let's keep in mind this is all in good fun (unless I start losing).

I'll start:

Attention all good and loyal friends. We, all of us of the brotherhood of CBR are challenged to the task of selecting one of our own for this awesome responsibility, i.e. to represent the forum as its champion for the month.

Personally, I love all things CBR, however, when put to the task, I must assert that of the five fine nominees who have bravely come forth this month, I have a clear favorite. I believe the choice would be clear to any person of taste and culture, as well as to the most humble child. There is one beautiful, classic, pristine, tenderly cared for, graciously proportioned, elegantly saddled and beautifully displayed CBR which clearly should rule the day in this trial of righteousness.

And of course, as you well know my predilections, it is the gorgeous 1990 CBR 1000F of Sprock.

Not only has this bike been selected and cared for as if it came from a mother's womb, it's innate beauty in its natural habitat of a winding road along a beautiful coast line sends palpitations through the loins. (can loins palpitate?)

Truly, not only was care taken in the preservation of this incredible steed, but the time and effort taken to display this beauty will provide countless desktop backgrounds to those who are less fortunate and who must merely stand in bewildered awe.

We must give a nod to those brave competitors, though I think, their efforts this particular month are in vain. Fortunately, there will be other months.

Right now, the polling shows that the Orange competition is doing reasonably well among the hoi pollloi. However, the voters may not have noted that despite the Herculean effort put forth by said Orange one, that the unfortunate bike has been besmirched with a lowly Suzuki fork. Sad it is. Such a blemish on such a wonderful, though partial and flawed, effort.

The remainder of the field, though proud and strong, are out of their element in this particular month. They say you should pick your battles, and I'm afraid that some here have not chosen wisely.

So, to Sprock's baby, I pledge my support and urge all of good conscience, strong moral fiber, even temperament and discretion, to cast your vote for Sprock.

For your convenience I have provided the link below. Thank you all good citizens.

Next. Don't be shy. Use your own brand of BS. I was channeling the guy in A Knight's Tale.

Last edited by JHouse; 12-15-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

Suzuki forks??? Please explain.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:47 PM
November 2009 ROTM

Geezus Joe! I got lost on "Foibles"................

Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 AM

Hey, this isn't about me. Step up to the plate and give us a pitch. Relax. Have some fun.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LiSteN, AiiGHt? RsP's sHieT iZ OfF dUh h00k, dawgz. LeT mE gIT iT tU Ya'z sTraIGHt... dOe'z UdDuh sLedZ bE oLe n' bUsteDz, AIIGHT? RsP bE rEppiN daT nU HotniZZ, yA hUrd?!? Muh MaNz bE wRenChin' stRaigHt DoPe. Shiet bE sicK fo' oVa 550 dAyZ. Fer ReAlz, ya'LL goTsTa gIvE iT Up Fo' sTraIGhT GanGstA OraNge.

Damn, seriously, typing like that is really difficult, I don't get how people keep up with that. Anyways, RSP hasn't chimed in yet so... the bike in his avatar has swapped front forks. That bike is an '07 600rr I'm pretty sure and the only parts he's swapped from other bikes is the MV Agusta swing arm to do the single-arm conversion.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/rsp919s-07-build-almost-done-102554/

Mad respect to guys who can maintain and baby older bikes like they do, but RSP's bike is just plain sexy and has the performance to boot, just for the fact that it's a newer 600rr...

I mean.. come on....
come on....
*shameless Family Guy reference.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:03 AM

GREAT! Ok, we are roll'n now!

So on the fork thing, you're say'n I'm completely full of sheet?

In response I can only say that one who is so careless in his description of such a noble steed, may well fairly bear the burden of misunderstanding and the horrible consequence which that may bring.

In other words, nanny, nanny boo boo.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JHouse
So on the fork thing, you're say'n I'm completely full of sheet?
Name:  lil_jon_yeah11.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  21.4 KB

Old 12-16-2009, 02:21 AM
November 2009 ROTM

Quick Reply: Hear Ye! Support Your ROTM Candidate Here!