CBR of the Month This section is specifically for issues pertaining to CBR of the month nominations and voting!

CONTEST (For Graphic Designers)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:24 PM
Retired Admin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONTEST (For Graphic Designers)

Ok here is the newest Contest for all of you Designer Guru's!

Last Year we published our first ever ROTM Calendar!

As you know I handled the design of this item and sale for the members here at CBRForum.com.

This year I would like to try something new!!
All the designers on this site we could get some GREAT idea's and an even GREATER final product!!
Each month we have a winner for ROTM. This winner gets his bike and info published for that month in next years calendar!

Here are the contest details!
Take the winner of each month and make the photo for that month on next years calendar.
Submit your finished piece to me. Send it to me through PM (Private message)
The moderators and myself will then vote on the BEST finished product for each month and that will be the photo used for next years calendar!
You will get design credit and and statement that you won the design for that month.

Photo's should have at least:
[ul][*]The bike's photo.....[*]The user's online forum name.....[*]The tag of ROTM winner for that month.....[*]The rest is up to you![/ul]

Be creative! You can contact the winner and get additional photo's! Whatever you think would make the design COOL!
Let's see what kind of talent we have on this site!!! [8D]You can start with this years winning Jan. month and go from there.

Let the games begin!!

Old 04-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Retired Admin
Default RE: CONTEST (For Graphic Designers)

So fella's (and gals) haven't seen any submissions yet.....what's wrong? No one feeling creative?

Old 05-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Retired Admin

Hmmmmm must not be any graphic guy's here? No one is looking for the fame of creating part of next years calendar huh?[8D]

Old 05-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still haven't got pictures from the other members yet. In my own opinion, we should probably be designing a template for the pictures to be used in. Uniformity is primarily what we need. I designed a little something really quick to show what I mean.

Name:  calendar_design2.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  72.0 KBName:  calendar_bottom2.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  35.9 KB

The calendar wouldn't change from month to month (just the picture). The only thing we would do to the picture is make it look "better" by cleaning it up, color correction, and modifying license plates (if needed)

This is just my idea. Let me know what you think about it.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Retired Admin

I like it! The plain and simple idea.....very nice work Foxy! it's nice to see the talent start to surface!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Retired Moderator

+1 Good work Fox.

1 suggestion though, having printed a lot of these, I suggest changing the box colors to something much lighter or even white. Many people use calendars to write stuff for particular dates which you can't do on dark colors like black.

p.s. another possible suggestion; most calendars have all the usual holidays and such ... maybe find motorcycle event related dates/events to put in there as well? (e.g. motogp date/time etc..)

Old 05-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

+1 Good work Fox.

p.s. another possible suggestion; most calendars have all the usual holidays and such ... maybe find motorcycle event related dates/events to put in there as well? (e.g. motogp date/time etc..)

That's the best idea I've heard yet.

And I'll fool around with it some more. This is primarily a 1 hour job I threw together really quick to show the concept of the template idea. I'll come up with something a little more refined in the next couple of days.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:58 PM

I would also change the date boxes to something lighter, maybe a gray. Just something you can write on and see. Other than thatit is prettydang good looking.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:58 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

Hey Fox, that looks great. I would like to see your ideas in this format. This would allow for the main pic on top plus a couple smaller pics also. I love that "cbrforums" logo at the top. Also where you have "Bike, Owner, Screen Name, maybe add Location, and a small list of mods. The bike related dates idea is awsome too, it could have AMA race events, Motogp and WSBK U.S. dates. I also think it would be cool for each month the color match the bike featured that month like you did in you layout.
Jersey= red and white, with black wording
THEX= orange andblack,silver
Madkawa= maroon &white, black
Ripper= maroon silver, black
Dragonium= black silver, red
Rampage= black red, silver
TPGPZ= black silver
FOX= just like you have it
Tk954= black red, silver
Recker=red white blue
NY Erion= yellow black, silver
Rsp919= white blue, red
Name:  100_0889.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  34.1 KB

Quick Reply: CONTEST (For Graphic Designers)