CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Sold the Repsol....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 11-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no comparo.lol Conrice I'e been riding Buell's for 12 years now. Track days and my one Buell is a magazine bike. Do yourself a favor. Keep the bigbore kit out of the picture. You'll just start to have other issues start to have bigger issues if you on't bereal nice to it. First mod is air box mod by drilling it out. K&N do a exhaust with a race ECM or give EBR a call and the can hook youup with a ECM. Make sure the bike has a updated belt system on it or buy 04 and newer. 03 belts if not handled just right are know to snap. Usually when your not so close to home.lol But for the most part if you leave them alone and stay light on the mods they are pretty reliable. I've owned a few. Bet you have been on badweatherbikers?? That comparo??? 92 HP??? Cont on about 78HP at the tire

Old 11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice looking bike!

Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks, it's a blast to ride.

really bads1? those kits are unreliable? i didnt read anything about that. hmmm. it does have an '04 belt set up on it. it's funny, when i was in college, one of my fraternity brothers had an 03 xb9r. in fact, it looked just like the one i just bought. anyways, one day, on his way home from class his '03 belt snapped on him in the middle of an intersection. he called me to come pick him up (i had a truck and ramp). he and i couldn't believe it because he was always telling me how much better his bike was than my 95 f3 and one of the reasons was the fact that the belt would "last forever". haha

it has a k&n on it (or so im told, i haven't looked for it) i do plan on drillin the airbox. then i will be looking at doing the exhaust with something for the map together when i get enough cash.

anyways, completely un-related - i'll most likely be firing up the 980 motor this weekend for the first time. i'll try to get a vid of it.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kit is not what makes it unreliable its the fact that Erik pretty much got the most reliable HP. Most get a bigbore kit... then run it like a raped ape and then BOOM!!! Seen it more then i care to remember. Don't get me wrong but ride the bike for what it is. It will reward you more long term if you do.