CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

really bad hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really bad hesitation

so this bike is used for dirtbike hillclimbs, it an 02 954 motor in a custom frame no airbox, just ind. uni's filters the IAT sensor is intact, the 02 sensor is in the exhaust but no ex valve, no flapper, custom tank and fuel pump. any other questions feel free to ask. but the bike has a reall bad hesitation when under a load but goes away if you get the bike up to mabe 8-9k rpms, and once it get out of the hesitation it just screems! but when it is hesitating it wont pull anything i have to clutch it to get it to move. it really feels like it would be electrical as if something is sending the wrong signals. the guy i bought it off of said it started doing it a few races into the season. so it makes me wonder what would cause it to just start up like that. i have been testing all the sensors according to the manual and everything is coming up clean. here's a link to a video i shot of the bike and the stumbling, hesitation bogg or whatever you want to call it is is still a huge lack of power
any ideas at all will be tested again ASAP

Old 03-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Default aha~!

so i think i have found the problem. i belive it is the TP sensor, im getting an output voltage that stays the same whether the throttle is open or closed which would account for the wide open running so great. the next question is how the hell do you swap one of those out????

Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Default damn,

well turns out that the tps is fine i just tested the wrong wires at the harness. i was able to find the trouble code light and get voltage from it and get the troble code 34 from it, only thing is that i dont have any of those component on the bike so the bike may just need a tune. will be riding it next weekend at the races and when i get back i will be able to see if i get any more codes. if theres no more codes than it just needs a tune really bad. anyone know if you can put a tune on these and have it hold even if you have error codes?