CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Please help 03 954 headlight issue

Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help 03 954 headlight issue

Hello fellow riders!!!

Well this will be my first post on the forum and I am hoping to find a solution to my issue.....

First and foremost I have a 2003 Honda CBR 954
I bought the bike 5 days ago and I was taking it for a ride the next couple of days with absolutely no issues whatsoever

On Saturday I went into the Ga moutians. During the 4 hour ride period I stopped and turned the bike off about 5 times. The last time I shut the bike down I went into the restraunt to eat, after some tasty BBQ i went back to my bike to continue my voyage and my bike would not start. I could press the start button and it would turn over foever but no actually crank. I also noticed the fuel pump would not prime nor would the lights turn on. After that i gave up and had it towed back to my house.

So i have done the correct thing and read all the forums. The good news is i did eventually get it to run again, the problem is that the only way it would crank is to unplug the middle headlight (lowbeam)

What im against now:

the only way it will prime the pump, start and rideable etc, is to have the headlight unplugged, however not safely,

what I have done

I have hit all over with the voltage meter. the headlights are getting voltage
I tried the starter button issue seeing as how that is the most common however that has done no good bc you can actually bypass it by jumping the two soter points but theres nothing wrong. I checked fuses, swapped relays and everything. Im lost i ran a wire straight to headlight so i know the headlight works. On a side note there is a little yellow ground hub that i found (in front of battery in ecu box that was all melted so i wrapped all the ground wires together and grounded straight to frame but that made no difference)

The point im at now is that the bike runs perfect and throws no codes. it runs perfect when the lowbeam headlight is unplugged. my blinkers go crazy and im at a loss. Sorry for the extensive writeup i just wanted ppl to know what ive done so far and where im at.

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance

Jonathan

Old 07-03-2012, 03:37 PM

I had a similar issue. Are your rear blinkers on constant as well? When all this was going on the fuel pump would not prime and not run. On my bike i found in the front of the bike there is a yellow connector where all the grounds came to and that was melted. All I did was cut that off and tie all of the wires together and that solved my problem. Check those grounds out

Old 07-07-2012, 06:37 PM

hows your battery voltage level? do you have a shop manual? if so go through it. i think it has a procedure to see if it might be the voltage regulator..

Old 04-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Default Headlight not working right and fuel pump is not priming

Originally Posted by skullrider
Hello fellow riders!!!

Well this will be my first post on the forum and I am hoping to find a solution to my issue.....

First and foremost I have a 2003 Honda CBR 954
I bought the bike 5 days ago and I was taking it for a ride the next couple of days with absolutely no issues whatsoever

On Saturday I went into the Ga moutians. During the 4 hour ride period I stopped and turned the bike off about 5 times. The last time I shut the bike down I went into the restraunt to eat, after some tasty BBQ i went back to my bike to continue my voyage and my bike would not start. I could press the start button and it would turn over foever but no actually crank. I also noticed the fuel pump would not prime nor would the lights turn on. After that i gave up and had it towed back to my house.

So i have done the correct thing and read all the forums. The good news is i did eventually get it to run again, the problem is that the only way it would crank is to unplug the middle headlight (lowbeam)

What im against now:

the only way it will prime the pump, start and rideable etc, is to have the headlight unplugged, however not safely,

what I have done

I have hit all over with the voltage meter. the headlights are getting voltage
I tried the starter button issue seeing as how that is the most common however that has done no good bc you can actually bypass it by jumping the two soter points but theres nothing wrong. I checked fuses, swapped relays and everything. Im lost i ran a wire straight to headlight so i know the headlight works. On a side note there is a little yellow ground hub that i found (in front of battery in ecu box that was all melted so i wrapped all the ground wires together and grounded straight to frame but that made no difference)

The point im at now is that the bike runs perfect and throws no codes. it runs perfect when the lowbeam headlight is unplugged. my blinkers go crazy and im at a loss. Sorry for the extensive writeup i just wanted ppl to know what ive done so far and where im at.

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance

Jonathan
Hi,
Jonathan I was wondering if you ever found out what was wrong with your 954, Because mine is doing the same exact thing. Any help would much appreciappreciated thanks.....

Old 04-12-2020, 02:19 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

2012, Casey....

Old 04-13-2020, 01:48 PM

Well this is for the people having the same problem with their 954 that i did and my boy Jonathan, and that is the headlights where not coming on and the fuel pump not priming. If you unplug the low beam the bike will start. Well the PROBLEM that we had with are bikes was the yello ground junction box buy the ECU... If you open it up you will find two burned out ground.. Just take out the burned sections of wire and clean them up and put back together....And it should fix the problem.

Last edited by Casey Kowalsky; 04-13-2020 at 01:55 PM.