CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

No spark= Unhappy

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 03:34 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not heard anything like that about them but I have also never really researched anything about them. I was referred to them and that is why I am going through them. Maybe one of the 980 members can chime in on this. I contacted them by phone and got right thru so I had no issues getting ahold of them. Could any of this been done thru the shipping process?

Originally Posted by mika_u
Has anybody had any issues whit millenium? My casing was allso bored and plated by millenium and there has been some accident whit the casing. The crank bearing inserts are missing tiny pieces from the edges and the transmission oil orifice gallery/hole has a crack on it and it has been bent so that the orifice don't fit in it. But they don't reply to email or anything and it surprises me that they send it to me broken and didn't even try to fix it or inform me about it.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by msebastianCBR
I have not heard anything like that about them but I have also never really researched anything about them. I was referred to them and that is why I am going through them. Maybe one of the 980 members can chime in on this. I contacted them by phone and got right thru so I had no issues getting ahold of them. Could any of this been done thru the shipping process?
Well i live in Finland so the calling isn't so simple. The box where it came was undamaged and it looks more like the damages have come from some machine. Not from dropping. They actually just replied to me finally whit email =)

Last edited by mika_u; 10-10-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Mika - Start your own thread with pictures. I want to take a look. I know that the acid dip can make aluminum more brittle - but I didn't have any damage like that.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:52 AM
ROTM, Nov 2014

I too would like to see pictures of the damage since I am soon going to be trusting them with my upper case.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

I sended Conrice the pics. I have tried to attach pics on some thread but probably i'm doing something wrong or they are too big. Conrice could attach them here or start a own thread of them.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by mika_u
I sended Conrice the pics. I have tried to attach pics on some thread but probably i'm doing something wrong or they are too big. Conrice could attach them here or start a own thread of them.
I'll get that done later today - for sure. I haven't looked yet, but I'll get them up today.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by Conrice
I'll get that done later today - for sure. I haven't looked yet, but I'll get them up today.
I'll send the photos of the cylinder walls later today when i get the photos taken. The honing/hatching isn't allso very good. Lot of people prefer U.S. Chrome on these kind of jobs.

Last edited by mika_u; 10-13-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:41 AM

Mine was great - I'm really surprised. Anyways - I threw up a thread with the pics you sent me.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by Conrice
Mine was great - I'm really surprised. Anyways - I threw up a thread with the pics you sent me.
Thank you, Conrice! Remember to add the photos of the cylinder walls

Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

Well I decided that there is no use in building the engine only to find out my problems are an electrical issue. So I am going to get a new head gasket, manual tensioner, pair block off plates, and a few other bits and see if this thing will run with the timing set properly. The engine is out so I can easily access the entire engine and set the timing and put it all back together properly. Hopefully once put back together this thing will run and I can go on with the rebuild. If not I will know it is not the engine and track down whatever else could be wrong. I am under the impression that a bad tensioner can cause the tick that the previous owner described. So that is why I am getting the manual tensioner. The engine turns over just fine and is smooth and does not stick so I do not believe I have a bottom end issue. So wish me luck and I hope all goes right the third time. Oh yeah I am going to go with OEM oversized pistons and rings when I do the 76mm rebuild instead of the wiseco kit I was initially going to go with.

Quick Reply: No spark= Unhappy