CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Mika_U's top case

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
Damn, I had one a few months ago. I don't have it anymore. I didn't take it with me when I moved... Sorry.

Try ebay, I'm sure people on there would be willing to ship it to Millennium for you
Probably they wan't to fix the case they screwed up allready. They wan't to see what's gone wrong whit it and that it is for sure the case that they have worked on. And actually i checked and there isn't any for sale at the moment.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mika_u
Probably they wan't to fix the case they screwed up allready. They wan't to see what's gone wrong whit it and that it is for sure the case that they have worked on. And actually i checked and there isn't any for sale at the moment.
I don't know how much they're going to be able to fix. At least - it certainly wouldn't be worth it cost wise.

It's more than just welding it up and adding some filler aluminum... The hone/hatch isn't what concerns me the most, it's the other damage.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

I don't know how much they're going to be able to fix. At least - it certainly wouldn't be worth it cost wise.

It's more than just welding it up and adding some filler aluminum... The hone/hatch isn't what concerns me the most, it's the other damage.
Actually i could get it fixed right away here in Finland but i would probably have to pay it from my own pocket before this matter is sorted out whit Millenium. I wouldn't really wan't to pay it myself. Whit the shippings etc. it costed me 800€ which is whit the current rates 1085$. If you pay that kind of money for the job you assume it's done properly.

The upper case has been shown to few serious engine builders and they said the main bearing inserts look nasty but the pieces are in percentage so little and allso on the side so they don't really matter as long as they are smoothened out so that they don't lift the bearing up and the oil gallery can be fixed by welding and machining the hole to right size.

But fixing the bearing inserts to how they were before it was screwed is virtually impossible to anybody ellse then big factorys that originally make them. It would have to be welded and bored in line again whit the bottom casing like they were from the factory.

Only thing whit the hones that i'm afraid is that the scratches on the cylinder are too deep that the piston to cylinder wall clearence will go to loose if it's honed again whitout new plating. I could get it honed here but not plated.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh, I couldn't agree more. I'd be mad as hell if I was you - and I wouldn't expect to have to pay to fix what they messed up... Let me know what Millennium says to you when they get the pictures you sent them. I can't imagine they wouldn't take responsibility. Especially if you name drop some of your motor building friends - I'm sure they'd work to resolve it real quick

Old 10-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Oh, I couldn't agree more. I'd be mad as hell if I was you - and I wouldn't expect to have to pay to fix what they messed up... Let me know what Millennium says to you when they get the pictures you sent them. I can't imagine they wouldn't take responsibility. Especially if you name drop some of your motor building friends - I'm sure they'd work to resolve it real quick
They aren't exactly my friends. They are professionals that i turn to when i don't have the skills or knowledge needed. And i think their names don't mean very much to Millenium. Have you ever heard of any finnish engine builder?

Lets hope that this goes whitout any problems and quick. I will post when i or the shop gets some answer from them. The photos of the damages on the top case was sended week and an half ago and photos of the hones just before i send them to you. They haven't replied to me or the shop yet. So the customer service they have doesn't really get points from me.

You could give them a call and ask what is the problem whit this case? You live there so it would be much easier for you