Views: 94
Size:  47.6 KB

Name:  cylinderwalls3_zpsd9d79302.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  cylinderwalls5_zps3a2631fd.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  51.0 KB

It looks like it was dropped off a top shelf onto a concrete floor a few times. The hones are very uneven too. The oil jet for the tranny is seriously ruined...

Old 10-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The cyl walls aren't too big of a job to fix (for them anyways)...

but the casing itself... I mean, that oil galley that holds the jet for the tranny - that's really screwed.

I'm not sure if you even welded it that it would be okay.

And then the towers that hold the bearings.... What the hell. That shouldn't have left the shop. Call them, because it says that they do have other cases that are "pre- dipped/honed/bored/etc" so you don't have to wait.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
The cyl walls aren't too big of a job to fix (for them anyways)...

but the casing itself... I mean, that oil galley that holds the jet for the tranny - that's really screwed.

I'm not sure if you even welded it that it would be okay.

And then the towers that hold the bearings.... What the hell. That shouldn't have left the shop. Call them, because it says that they do have other cases that are "pre- dipped/honed/bored/etc" so you don't have to wait.
I would think that probably they don't have bouth top and bottom casing for the 954 ready and calling here from Finland and getting somebody on the phone isn't that simple. The cylinders they have ready are probably for 1 cylinder dirtbikes. The shop that sended it to Millenium has already contacted them and i'll call to them tomorrow when they open and see what they told them.

If i would wan't them to do the job again properly the only smart options would be to get used casings that pair from the u.s. and send them to millenium. But i have allready crank bearings ready so i would have to by new ones.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

I think allso it shouldn't have leaved to shop in that condition and they didn't even write any note whit the box the case was shipped or contacted the shop here that sended it to them.
The builder that i showed the case thought the damages to the bearing towers have probably came when it was attached to milling table and using way too much force and not protecting the casing properly. But even he didn't he a idea how the oil gallery got broken but you can see the hit has came from the side to the oil gallery.
It could have been dropped allso but i would think there would be damage allso on the other bearing "towers" and the surface where to bottom case attaches.

Conrice: I sended you email about interesting subject

Old 10-13-2013, 02:56 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

So you sent the case to a shop and they sent it off to millenium for the nikasil, is this correct. If this is the case why not send straight to millenium for the whole job?

Old 10-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by msebastianCBR
So you sent the case to a shop and they sent it off to millenium for the nikasil, is this correct. If this is the case why not send straight to millenium for the whole job?
I live in Finland so it's very difficult to call them from here and they didn't reply to email. And then i heard that one shop had contacts whit them so offcourse as i private person who lives on the other side off the world i prefer to send it through a shop that has good reputation. Just in case there occurs any problems the shop has much better changes solving them.

And if anybody thinks they said they send it to millenium and did the job themself that isn't the case. This shop works on mail order/webshop basis and sells American racing products here in Finland. Webcams, Muzzy, Ape etc...
And it came packed in Milleniums box whit right adresses, weights, u.s. postal stamps etc. and the box was undamaged and allso and the case was packed in another box inside the bigger one.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:22 PM

The other thing is Mika, they did a really good job packing it too - for me.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
ROTM, Nov 2014

Originally Posted by mika_u
I live in Finland so it's very difficult to call them from here and they didn't reply to email. And then i heard that one shop had contacts whit them so offcourse as i private person who lives on the other side off the world i prefer to send it through a shop that has good reputation. Just in case there occurs any problems the shop has much better changes solving them.

And if anybody thinks they said they send it to millenium and did the job themself that isn't the case. This shop works on mail order/webshop basis and sells American racing products here in Finland. Webcams, Muzzy, Ape etc...
And it came packed in Milleniums box whit right adresses, weights, u.s. postal stamps etc. and the box was undamaged and allso and the case was packed in another box inside the bigger one.
I forgot you mentioned you were in Finland in the other thread. Regardless of who did the work I would be demanding a new upper case with the work that you wanted done completed properly. I don't believe this is a money back type of thing since I am assuming you gave them a perfectly fine case to begin with. I hope you get things worked out and keep us up to date.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:09 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by msebastianCBR
I forgot you mentioned you were in Finland in the other thread. Regardless of who did the work I would be demanding a new upper case with the work that you wanted done completed properly. I don't believe this is a money back type of thing since I am assuming you gave them a perfectly fine case to begin with. I hope you get things worked out and keep us up to date.
Have to see what they say at Millenium. That would be nice if i could find somewhere used casings and they would be willing to pay them and do the job again properly.

Conrice: Do you have extra casing? My friend here in Finland has actually 2 extra casings for the 954 but that doesn't help very much because they are here.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:48 AM

Damn, I had one a few months ago. I don't have it anymore. I didn't take it with me when I moved... Sorry.

Try ebay, I'm sure people on there would be willing to ship it to Millennium for you

Quick Reply: Mika_U's top case