CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Mika_U's 980CC Build

  #1  
Old 07-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 308
Default Mika_U's 980CC Build

Originally Posted by msebastianCBR View Post
I hate the last few parts of a build where you forget about all these things you need like oil, filter, coolant, brake fluid, and all the extra little things. It really starts to add up and then you are thinking that your build will need to be pushed back a couple more weeks. This is where I am at trying to figure all the last bits I need to get.
Well you are doing still relatively good. I hate when the starter gear bolts snap on the dyno whit over 13k rpm and stick to the flywheels magnets and grind the flywheel and stator to very bad condition + i hate cleaning the mess it makes inside the motor
 

Last edited by Conrice; 07-14-2014 at 02:59 PM.
  #2  
Old 07-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Conrice's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,148
Default Mika_U's Thread!

Originally Posted by mika_u View Post
Well you are doing still relatively good. I hate when the starter gear bolts snap on the dyno whit over 13k rpm and stick to the flywheels magnets and grind the flywheel and stator to very bad condition + i hate cleaning the mess it makes inside the motor
Please tell me that's some sort of hypothetical situation and not what's happened.
 
  #3  
Old 07-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
Please tell me that's some sort of hypothetical situation and not what's happened.
Well it really happened. But it seems that everything is ok. I'll now for sure wednesday when i will get the new stator and get it running again. It was immediately noticed when they snapped so there wasn't much inside the engine. And i have a spare oil pump and oil cooler so don't even need to clean the ones that were on the motor. It didn't even get to oil filter so i'm pretty sure anything after that (crank and rod bearings, cams etc.) are fine but can't say for sure before hearing it run.

It had 129 rwhp 60% throttle whit no ignition changes and fueling mapped to 50% at 11k rpm when the fried stator messed the fueling and ignition after 11k rpm.
 

Last edited by mika_u; 07-14-2014 at 01:38 PM.
  #4  
Old 07-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Conrice's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,148
Default

Originally Posted by mika_u View Post
Well it really happened. But it seems that everything is ok. I'll now for sure wednesday when i will get the new stator and get it running again. It was immediately noticed when they snapped so there wasn't much inside the engine. And i have a spare oil pump and oil cooler so don't even need to clean the ones that were on the motor. It didn't even get to oil filter so i'm pretty sure anything after that (crank and rod bearings, cams etc.) is fine but can't say for sure before hearing it run.

It had 129 rwhp 60% throttle whit no ignition changes and fueling mapped to 50% at 11k rpm when the fried stator messed the fueling and ignition after 11k rpm.

Sorry for threadjack!


^^^That's how my face would be if I heard/felt that happen.


I'm glad it was on a dyno, so you could immediately shut it down and not draw any through the oil passages. If you didn't see anything in the filter - I think you're right that it probably never made it past the strainer, pump, or cooler, so your bearings should be fine!

129hp at 60% throttle under 11,000 rpms is pretty damn impressive! When's your next session going to be? And when you say no ignition or fueling changes, do you mean on the stock 954 map??? Email me some pictures of the damage.
 
  #5  
Old 07-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post


^^^That's how my face would be if I heard/felt that happen.


I'm glad it was on a dyno, so you could immediately shut it down and not draw any through the oil passages. If you didn't see anything in the filter - I think you're right that it probably never made it past the strainer, pump, or cooler, so your bearings should be fine!

129hp at 60% throttle under 11,000 rpms is pretty damn impressive! When's your next session going to be? And when you say no ignition or fueling changes, do you mean on the stock 954 map??? Email me some pictures of the damage.
I'll book the dyno immediately i hear it runs fine and it depends when he has time to continue the session. I adjusted the map 10% richer on every tp and rev before it was started first time and ignition has stock timing. Fuel pressure is 53 psi compared to stock 50 psi. The engine is cleaned all ready but i can take few pictures of the stator, flywheel and sump which are of the engine and the sump is uncleaned.

It made 134 rwhp at 11600 rpm whit Devil 1/2 highpipe exhaust, modified airbox, and BMC filter year 2011 when the engine was still working and my friends 954 made 132rwhp whit full yoshi and BMC filter. Both tuned so it's a very tight dyno. Actually toughest we have here. No gift horses So i'm pretty much over stock bikes output all ready. Just depends on how much the airbox, tb:s and exhaust restrict it. Theoretically the engine is capable 205hp whit 100% Volumetric effiency. That would be about 187 rwhp.
 

Last edited by mika_u; 07-14-2014 at 12:11 PM.
  #6  
Old 07-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 308
Default

Thanks, Conrice! I'll post here when i'll get the engine sorted out and modifications of the bike if remember all of them and if anybody is interested. Few pics of the bike are at the 954 pic thread.
 

Last edited by mika_u; 07-14-2014 at 02:16 PM.
  #7  
Old 07-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Conrice's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,148
Default

So, that's on 954 TB's and 954 Air Box then? That is impressive.


And how are you building a base map for the the RPMS above 11.5k rpms (your redline is 13.5, right?)
 
  #8  
Old 07-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
So, that's on 954 TB's and 954 Air Box then? That is impressive.


And how are you building a base map for the the RPMS above 11.5k rpms (your redline is 13.5, right?)
13250 rpms. 954 tb:s and 954 airbox whit all unnecessary things moved and little reshaping right after the intakes, oem filter element and cutted intake snorkels. I think the pc3 tricks the ecu to think that it's still at 12k so the fueling will be probably the same as on that point so it will be adjusted based on the afr the test run will give.
 

Last edited by mika_u; 07-14-2014 at 02:02 PM.
  #9  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Conrice's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,148
Default

Originally Posted by mika_u View Post
13250 rpms. 954 tb:s and 954 airbox whit all unnecessary things moved and little reshaping off the are right after the intakes, oem filter element and cutted intake snorkels. I think the pc3 tricks the ecu to think that it's still at 12k so the fueling will be probably the same as on that point so it will be adjusted based on the afr the test run will give.
That makes sense. Wow, I can't wait to see your numbers. I'm glad it wasn't more serious
 
  #10  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
That makes sense. Wow, I can't wait to see your numbers. I'm glad it wasn't more serious
So i'm i. I thought first when i heard the sound it was crank or rod bearing. The starter gear bolts were left loose by the machining shop that balanced the crank or whit out locking agent. I haven't even touched the bolts and thought they all so had not opened them. But i should have re-tightened them whit loctite just to be sure.
 

Last edited by mika_u; 07-14-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mika_U's 980CC Build


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.