CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Mika_U's 980CC Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little info about the bike we are talking:

It's a 02 954RR (980cc) whit completely build motor that has re-blanced crank, billet steel h-profile rods, Wiseco 13.5:1 76mm pistons (+1mm), ported head whit custom grinded cams and stiffer valve springs, race-cut transmission whit billet shift shaft and factory pro shift kit, Akras 929 4-1 full race exhaust, fuel lines are selfmade whit chinese adjustable FPR and quick disconnect connectors (8mm from pump to fuel rail and regulator and 6mm from regulator back to pump), PC3Usb whit ignition module (rev-limiter 13250), Öhlins rear shock, Matris steering damper, 06 1000RR forks whit 954 triples, Arata 330 mm discs and a wave rear disc, Nissin monoblock radials from 11 Daytona 675, 13 KTM RC8R 18mm Brembo radial master, braided lines, chinese 2wheel levers, GP-shift whit modified YZ250 lever, Valter Moto rear sets, LSL sport match clip-ons, Barnett carbon fiber clutch, Tsubaki 520 racing chain, Shorai lithium battery etc...

I'll add the list when i remember some modification that isn't on the list.

Swingarm is powder coated black and rims powder coated white. Fairings are oem painted to Lamborgini Gallardos grey and the front fender is 1000RR:s like the forks. Seats have Luimoto seat covers, Windscreen is fabbri, rear light is black whit blinkers(chinese), the middle front light is a Xenon, Front has flushmounts, some chinese ebay mirrors( that you can't see crap)

Last edited by mika_u; 09-21-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

MAN! Those Nissin's look good on there.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Daym, you`ve dropped some serious coin on that thing! Gotta subscribe to this to see what´s to come.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by Conrice
MAN! Those Nissin's look good on there.
Thanks!
They feel even better I rebuilded them whit the old seals (they were in perfect condition, polished the uncoated pistons (half of the pistons are titanium coated and half not) and new Carbone Lorraine street/track pads.

Last edited by mika_u; 07-14-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Daym, you`ve dropped some serious coin on that thing! Gotta subscribe to this to see what´s to come.
You could probably see this live all so if you wan't when it's finished. Just inform when you are near the capital (Helsinki, Vantaa etc.) Not many here have that change

The head porting whit cams, adjustable cam gears, springs, stem seals etc. was about 1500€.
Cylinder boring, plating, pistons and MLS head gasket 1300€.
Crank reblancing and polishing the journals 150€.
Rods 500€.
Transmission race cutting whit the billet shaft and Factory Pro kit 400€.
And maybe other 500€-800€ for new bearings, seals, o-rings and used parts from friends and wreckage shops to replace my broken ones. The assembling i did my self whit a help from friends. So it was little expensive but maybe not as much as you think??

The brakes i got from ebay from that what i sold the 1000RR brakes here in Finland that came whit the front forks and the forks were pretty cheap through ebay. The Öhlins is used and bought from a friend as was the streering damper. I got the painting for change on same parts from a friend. The RC8 master is allso used. And many off these parts were allready on the bike before the engine was rebuilded. It's still cheaper then a new bike. New to me used bike still is a used bike When i bought the bike 5 years ago i paid 5000€ for it when the market price was here 8-9k € so i saved there allready allmost the engine rebuild. It come originally from Italy and was bought from Estonia.

Last edited by mika_u; 07-14-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Some photos of the engine:

Old 07-14-2014, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by mika_u
Not many here have that change
Not many ANYWHERE have that sort of change!

Old 07-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Not many ANYWHERE have that sort of change!
Thanks again! Was looking inside the motor from the oil pan yesterday when cleaning it and again i thought what a shame it is to hide all of those nice shiny machined billet parts inside the motor. They looked way better on the desk The skirts have been coated after this photo but they look nice like that allso.

Mika_U's 980CC Build-wiseco.jpg

Old 07-14-2014, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mika_u
Thanks again! Was looking inside the motor from the oil pan yesterday when cleaning it and again i thought what a shame it is to hide all of those nice shiny machined billet parts inside the motor. They looked way better on the desk The skirts have been coated after this photo but they look nice like that allso.

Attachment 24144

A few more miles and they won't be shiny anymore either (well, the domes of the pistons anyways)! Indeed, it's a shame to have to hide so much of the work that goes into it! I was thinking that to myself when I was looking at your pictures - it's a shame that unless someone really knows what they're looking at, they won't understand how good of a bike it is and how much work has gone into it (things like the Nissin calipers, Ohlins, RC8 master, etc).

Old 07-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

A few more miles and they won't be shiny anymore either (well, the domes of the pistons anyways)! Indeed, it's a shame to have to hide so much of the work that goes into it! I was thinking that to myself when I was looking at your pictures - it's a shame that unless someone really knows what they're looking at, they won't understand how good of a bike it is and how much work has gone into it (things like the Nissin calipers, Ohlins, RC8 master, etc).
That's kind of my intention. I like it looks like it has came from factory like that and everything fits together whitout any bigger attention. I looked allso at the photos and the color of the bike. Very strange color. It looks like it has been painted whit different colors at different angles. And the tank looks that it has a dent on one picture and one other picture it looks little blue and on the other totally grey. Can't really figure that color out. Wasn't my choice. I gave the painter free hands on them. But it brings out the shapes and edges of the 954 very nice thought.

Quick Reply: Mika_U's 980CC Build