CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

I WANTED TO KILL HIM!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I WANTED TO KILL HIM!!!!!!

YESTERDAY I WAS PULLING MY 54 OUT OF THE HOUSE, DOWN THE RAMP, WHEN MY GIRL'S DOG SHOT OUT OF THE HOUSE TOWARDS THE ROAD. I THREW MY LEG OUT TO STOP HIM AND WHEN I DID, I LOST MY BALANCE ON THE STEPS AND FLOPPED DOWNON THE BIKE. THAT MADE MY HAND SLIP OFF THE FRONT BRAKE AND STARTED ROLLING DOWN THE RAMP. THE BOTTOM OF THE SIDE FAIRINGS CAUGHT ON THE RAMP AND SNAPPED OFF A CHUNK OF THE RIGHT SIDE FAIRING. ABOUT A 10 INCH CHUNK. THATS NOT ALL!!! I HAVE THE CHAMELION PAINT JOB(ABOUT $350 4 ASMALL BOTTLE), JUST GOT THE BIKE STRETCHED 8 INCHES AND $250 LIGHT KIT PUT ON4 DAYS AGO AND THEN THIS B.S. HAPPENS. I WAS SECONDS AWAY FROM TAKING HIM IN THE BACK YARD ANDSHOOTING HIS ***!!!!!! OH YEA, ANYBODY GOT A RIGHT SIDE FAIRING 4 SALE? [:@]

Old 05-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Default RE: I WANTED TO KILL HIM!!!!!!

Damn that sucks, I know that paint per pint is not cheap and matching that could probaly get expensive. I dont blame you for wanting to kill the dog, i would have probaly got rid of it if i was in that situation. Look on ebay you can find pretty cheap side fairings there. Who stretched your bike?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM

O well, **** happens man. Cant get to worked up about it. Just listed the fairing on ebay today, heres a link, why not just fix it yourself though? If your going to have to paint the new fairing, just sand down the old one and fiberglas it all back together and paint it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...:IT&ih=006

Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news but I also think I have an extraright side fairing in the garage, Ill check tomorrow in daylight and hit you back up with a price. [:@]

Hey Hcstreetridinghow much do you want for the tail section? What condition is it in, any plastic welds or damage?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: mowdiddy

Sorry to hear the bad news but I also think I have an extraright side fairing in the garage, Ill check tomorrow in daylight and hit you back up with a price. [:@]

Hey Hcstreetridinghow much do you want for the tail section? What condition is it in, any plastic welds or damage?
Its beat up on the end, looks like someone looped it, would need some sanding and fiberglass and paint, i can send you some upclose pics if you hit me up with an email address. Just email me at Hcstreetriding@aol.com im going to list it on ebay, im betting it will go pretty cheap, or i might fix it myself and get it powder coated by my cousin-in-law for cheap, just dont know if i want to screw with it.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:03 PM

thanks 4 the replies. thought about cutting both fairings to make it look a little more custom but dont know how it will turn out. anybody got a good right side fairing 4 sale, let me know the price. a local guy stretched it, painted it, and did the labor 4 $500. the swingarm is 6-8'. it looks soooo good with thelines of the 954. no other bike hasa fairing design as good as the 954. at least i dont think so. do ya'll think i should cut the fairings to make it look differant?