CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

how do i Slow the blink rate for clear alternatives turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i Slow the blink rate for clear alternatives turn signals?

Hey Everyone! I just installed my integrated tail light and the turn signals blink so fast that... well you cant really even tell they are blinking unless you look very carefully. I want to install the resistors but before i start cutting and splicing i want to know where they go exatally first. I cant find a clear cut answer anywhere.

As im sure you know, coming from the tail light is only the positive wire, they share a common ground with the rest of the light(brake and running lights). so all i did was take my connectors from the old tail lights and hook up the positive and plug it in to the main harnessand it works, just blinks fast.

To the question: Do i splice the ground coming from the tail light and hook that up to the turn signal connector also and then put the resistor between the ground and power on the wires coming from the light OR do i not change anything on the tail light end and cut the main harness, install the resistor between the pos and neg on there and reconnect the plug with the resistor in place?? Or ami missing it completely? Im afraid that if i do it on the tail light end its going to cause resistance throughout the entire tail light and dim the brake lights too, not really sure with all the electrical stuff. If anyone has a suggestion let me know! Thanks a lot in advance!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned
Default RE: how do i Slow the blink rate for clear alternatives turn signals?

No, it's for the positive side. Just like any resistor, it works in a single path (+). Just solder it in the positive line (resistors aren'tdirectional either), and wrap it with shrink wrap, then wrap the whole thing in a nice electrical tape loom.

No matter how you do it, it needs to be in line to slow the blink rate.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

In response to the brake light, LED's require far much less power than a conventional halogen bulb, which is what the OEM harness is made for.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 PM

roger that, ill give that a shot tomorrow and see how it works out, but should i do it on the (+) harness wire or the (+) turn signal wire coming from the tail light? I guessing it doesnt matter either way but just want to make sure
Thanks a lot Kid

Old 04-26-2008, 08:48 PM

You should have two resistors. One for each blinker. You want one for each blinker. Wiring them inline with the positve leads for the blinkers. Also, place them somwhere they wont get impacted, as they can break easily. Also, they get very hot, so make sure they are somewhere that isnt going to matter.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:31 AM

thanks man! Im going to try that, got side tracked riding instead of working but im going to give that a shot. seems like everyone agrees with what you say, just need it to slow down so that its noticeable, right now its just solid yellow lights.