CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Hello from a new member and a ? for PC Maps

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello from a new member and a ? for PC Maps

thanks for the input guys! i have slow spots in the rpm range. the worst is with the map for the 954 which should be closest to my setup - ana aftermarket filter and a 2bros bolt on from the site. i have downloaded everything for the 954 and 929 that DJ has put up for downloading. the fuel consumption at speeds over 200 is quite moderate around the 7 l per 100 km but i have a problem at high RPMs. i will put the Zero map first and then the N1 map which is the corrected one with everything on the bike bone STOCK. if you guys are right then one fo the two will be perfect for my setup or at least 95% perfect.
the next thing i am looking at is buying off ebay a wideband A/F sensor with the monitoring device and cabling - aroung 260$ with 35$ shipment. this way i could observe the A/F ratio on the go and potentionally log it in a laptop. I hope that this way i will perfect tune the engine knowing the RPMs, TPS position and A/F ratio at this sertain point. Do you know if the ECU KNOWS some how the load over the engine or can calculate it?
another thing that i have to correct is that the TPS shows from 0% to 102% opening %-tages, i have observed that at full opening of the throttle the bike starts to slow the accelaration and run bad. i assume that this is because these 2% additional to the opening and the ECU gets confused or the PC gets confused. Have somebody else had this experience before? can the full opening of the throttle bodies be regulated besides the minimal opening?
thanks in advance and excuse the typing errors - english is not my native language :-)

Old 02-25-2008, 04:22 PM

i wish i could help u!!! If i wasi would listen to bobjoezx he knows what hes doing!

Old 02-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DarkNess

thanks for the input guys! i have slow spots in the rpm range. the worst is with the map for the 954 which should be closest to my setup - ana aftermarket filter and a 2bros bolt on from the site. i have downloaded everything for the 954 and 929 that DJ has put up for downloading. the fuel consumption at speeds over 200 is quite moderate around the 7 l per 100 km but i have a problem at high RPMs. i will put the Zero map first and then the N1 map which is the corrected one with everything on the bike bone STOCK. if you guys are right then one fo the two will be perfect for my setup or at least 95% perfect.
the next thing i am looking at is buying off ebay a wideband A/F sensor with the monitoring device and cabling - aroung 260$ with 35$ shipment. this way i could observe the A/F ratio on the go and potentionally log it in a laptop. I hope that this way i will perfect tune the engine knowing the RPMs, TPS position and A/F ratio at this sertain point. Do you know if the ECU KNOWS some how the load over the engine or can calculate it?
another thing that i have to correct is that the TPS shows from 0% to 102% opening %-tages, i have observed that at full opening of the throttle the bike starts to slow the accelaration and run bad. i assume that this is because these 2% additional to the opening and the ECU gets confused or the PC gets confused. Have somebody else had this experience before? can the full opening of the throttle bodies be regulated besides the minimal opening?
thanks in advance and excuse the typing errors - english is not my native language :-)
sounds like you'll be fine

Old 03-02-2008, 02:21 PM

Just to put the latest test results. As bobjoezx supposed the perfect map for my setup is very close to the stock map. every other i tried fails and leaves gaps in the RPM range making the bike run bad. a fair choice is also one of the maps for the 929 but i am not into this. i turned back to the Zero map on the PC and the bike runs great. now the only thing left is to try finetune the performance with the buttons for low, mid and high RPM range fuel delivery and sort out what's best. So without a proper dino and mild tuning like mine i would propose to everybody either not to use a PC or stick to Zero maps and stock fuel delivery.
Best regards to all the members of the forum and thanks for the input!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DarkNess

Just to put the latest test results. As bobjoezx supposed the perfect map for my setup is very close to the stock map. every other i tried fails and leaves gaps in the RPM range making the bike run bad. a fair choice is also one of the maps for the 929 but i am not into this. i turned back to the Zero map on the PC and the bike runs great. now the only thing left is to try finetune the performance with the buttons for low, mid and high RPM range fuel delivery and sort out what's best. So without a proper dino and mild tuning like mine i would propose to everybody either not to use a PC or stick to Zero maps and stock fuel delivery.
Best regards to all the members of the forum and thanks for the input!
sounds good