CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Hello from a new member and a ? for PC Maps

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from a new member and a ? for PC Maps

Hello to you all 954 riders. i have mine for a few months already and did some 4000 km on it. feels great a nice supersport bike easy to get along with.
I am buying some toys for it ever since i bought it but now i have a problem. i have a PC3 Serial not the R model installed. I live in Bulgaria in europe - Absolutely NO dynoes around here - not licensed nor others. the closest one is in greece and it is 850 km from my location and to tell you a tuning run costs converted to dollars around 920$. so no dynotuning for me for now.
I have a K&N filter and a Jardine RT-One aluminium bolt on muffler, my HTEV is in place and i will do the flapper mode. i tried a couple of maps from the DJ site but none seems to work just fine. Could you guys help me out with a map from you bikes which is close to my set up - i will appreciate that ALOT. my mail is regmail@mail.bg. Thanks in advance and keep up the good forum!

Old 02-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello from a new member and a ? for PC Maps

a k&n doens't do anything, should almost go back to stock air filter or a BMC race filter and a slip on is just for noise so unless you can get on a dyno and see ur A/F just leave it

Old 02-24-2008, 01:01 PM

So you are proposing that i should use the Zero Map from the DJ site where there is no change in fuel delivery compared to the ECU fuel Table?
I was feeling that it got rougher after the new maps and was considering such a test, but i will wait for other resonses before i conclude anything.
Thanks

Old 02-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

i would try it out because a k&n air filter is really not bringing any noticable air changes and a slip on muffler just has less packing so it has a different sound..

Old 02-24-2008, 01:26 PM

u should go to www.powercommander.com and download one of those maps!!! hey its nothing special but better then not running anything at all....

Old 02-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

and what exactly are u referring to stunter

Old 02-24-2008, 05:24 PM

i know that the slip on and the air filter are not going to be more then 2 hp ( if even that).... and i know that powercommander site allready has some maps for a slip on and tha airfilter mods...not 100% accurate but better then running the stock map! if he even has a stock map uploaded on the pc?!?

Old 02-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned

every bike is different so if he/you want to try different maps go ahead but with a map off the internet that is a baseline map for those mods.. and if you arn't really changing the air fuel with the mods.. and you d load a map and change the air fuel and spots not needed it will be worse or the same.. i would get a custom tune only or run the stock map and hook it up to computer and see what you can do yourself

Old 02-24-2008, 06:27 PM

Thats true. But i dontTHINK that a slip on and the air filter willmake any fuil to air mix ratio different then how it was!!!! but like u said every bike is different... and u never know if the map does change that mixture!!! ammmmm now only way to find out is to download one from internet and compare it to stock map and try to figure out how to tune it your self.... that will take some time...but i would at lest attempt to do it my self, since the grece is two far away.... andnot sureif this is any closer but i know that in Yugoslavia there are dynos and i know they do it in NOVI SAD, and Vrsac.....

Old 02-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Banned

here's the main thing.. do you have bad or low points in your RPM range.. if eveything is smooth.. LEAVE IT ALONE because all the dyno tune will do and correct your A/F to be smooth and you will gain maybe a few hp will you will not exactly notice so if it's smooth and no problems leave it..

Quick Reply: Hello from a new member and a ? for PC Maps