CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Have a wiring problem somewhere...FI/Igntition fuse blows

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have a wiring problem somewhere...FI/Igntition fuse blows

You are right, that would be a good idea, never thought of that when i was testing mine, of course mine was from a bad ecu so it would not have helped anyway but still a good idea.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:08 PM

The harness made it in yesterday. Im probably gonna do some work on it this sunday. Im gonna remove/check ignition first. Then replace harness, tthen ECU. If no luck, I'll replace fuel pump. After that......still nothing im getting a new bike. I'll keep you posted. Thanks a again

Old 04-19-2008, 11:30 PM

I think im puting my money on the ecu, but hopefully the harness will cure it up. If nothing else ill buy the bike from ya haha.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:14 AM

I got the igntition off last night and checked that out. All wires intact/connections solid. Im gonna swap out to the new Main wire tomorrow. Hopefully that works. If not....onto the ECU.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 AM

cool, let us know.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:31 AM

what was the outcome doog?

Old 05-24-2008, 04:34 AM

I replaced the harness with the one Hcstreetriding sent me. All seemed as if it went well. I have been out of the country for damn near the whole month of may. Actually, I just got back home this morning. Anyway, the bike starts, and runs fine. I went for a short test ride around the neighborhood and everything went well. I didnt get up to the speed that the problem occured at that much. I hit it a few times and even popped a few light wheelies. I was kinda nervous to be honest. I hated to be broken down on the side of theroad. I inspected the main wire that I took out of the bike and saw that one of thewires was exposed, and slightly frayed. It did still have a connection though. I think Im gonna take it to the local Honda shop and ask the master mechanic if that could have caused the problem. I havent had the time to reallyresearch what that connector is. Thanks for checking on a brother tho.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:15 AM

sounds promising....head up to that master mechanic and let him know you figured it out on your own.

Once again Im sorry for steering you down that wrong road.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:30 PM

Oh, nah bro, no need to apologize. You were helping me out. Now I just learned a little bit more. The article you posted was great and worth a try. At least I got input from you instead of a comment like "does anyone know how to use the search button?" Also, thanks a lot to Hcstreetriding as well. I appreciate the great deal on the harness in addition to all help/recommendations.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 PM

Hey man, No problem, I really hope that works out for you! What color is the frayed wire on the old harness? I would bet that was the problem and if you repaired it, shrink wrapped it well and taped it back up it would work just fine. I would also tell that mechanic to get a job that he is more qualified to do, maybe like Mcdonalds drive through. Pulling out the harness and inspecting it should have been the first thing he did when dealing with a short. I hate mechanics though, so im a little biased. I went to the chevy dealer to have my truck looked at, making some rattling and they said it was my tranny and i needed to have my transmission repaired, went over to my uncles and lifted it and there was a U bracket broken off rattling on the exhaust, broke that bitch off and it sounds just fine now. damn burger-flipper grade employees working in a garage is all it is.

Quick Reply: Have a wiring problem somewhere...FI/Igntition fuse blows