CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Fuel Injector Broke?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Injector Broke?!

ORIGINAL: outsider8

fuel injector or fuel pump???
Sorry, bad habit. Fuel pump isn't primping still.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 AM

yeah outsider brought up a good point wit removing the return line on the fuel tank(bein more descriptive: the return line is the line on the left side of the fuel pump, move to the gearbox side and ull see held on wit a clamp.). its not agravity fed so i highly doubt its gonna pump fuel out, disconnect the powerleads on the fuel pump and check for atleast 10-13v when the bike is turned on without crankin, if ur gettin power the then its gonna be a bad fuel pump. if u think one technical manual for the bike is enough try workin wit like 10 for one type of vehicle. but like i said before if ur gettin the right amount of volts to the fuel pump and its not priming then its the fuel pump itself. also wit the return line as soon as u disconnect it from the pump it should start spraying fuel, but more than likely it wont be doin that. test ur wiring to the fuel pump and then lemme know.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:32 PM

I havn't gotten to checken anything else more..but quick question. Since we tried to tighten that Ignition cut-off switch without it being in the right place with the pin in the handlebar hole...do you think that would stretch the wires inside? Considering it stopped working only after we messed with that. Just wondering because i want to test the wires but im not sure which ones should be geten power in the first place.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take it all apart and look, if u messed with the switch that is your problem my guess

Old 06-04-2007, 06:16 AM

at the same time im sure that if it was the start switch u wouldnt be able to get the starter to turn, its kinda funny cuz u said u dont hear the fuel pump priming but ur able to get the bike crankin. if ur start assy is messed up it wouldnt read the kill switch bein in the on position which would cause nothin when u pressed the start button. id like to say it could be the start assy but for it to crankand not kick overkinda makes me think ur probaly not gettin any fuel to the injectors which would mean either u have a clog(already established it wasnt a clog) or ur fuel pump is not workin and ur not gettin any fuel flow from the tank to the fuel line. one more thing it is easy to foul ur plugs out when u drop the bike because of fuel dumping into the cylinder walls, me personally i would turn most of my attention towards the fuel pump to see if its a faulty pump then turn my attention to the start assy.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

at the same time im sure that if it was the start switch u wouldnt be able to get the starter to turn, its kinda funny cuz u said u dont hear the fuel pump priming but ur able to get the bike crankin. if ur start assy is messed up it wouldnt read the kill switch bein in the on position which would cause nothin when u pressed the start button. id like to say it could be the start assy but for it to crankand not kick overkinda makes me think ur probaly not gettin any fuel to the injectors which would mean either u have a clog(already established it wasnt a clog) or ur fuel pump is not workin and ur not gettin any fuel flow from the tank to the fuel line. one more thing it is easy to foul ur plugs out when u drop the bike because of fuel dumping into the cylinder walls, me personally i would turn most of my attention towards the fuel pump to see if its a faulty pump then turn my attention to the start assy.
Would a foul spark plug keep my fuel pump from priming?

Old 06-04-2007, 03:45 PM

no but it would keep the bike from startin assumin ur fuel pump is primin and it still wouldnt start. focus on the fuel pump right now, after u get that primin again and it still wont turn over go to the spark plugs. but right now ur focus should be on the fuel pump cuz that is where ur problem is.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:26 PM

!!!!!BIKE FIXED!!!!!

I followd up wires to a main harness near the radiator and sure enough i found one little clip that was pulled into the black electric tape where i couldn't notice it. I put it back in and the pump primed right up! I literally jumped up and down. Thanks again to everyone for all the help and though it turned out to be small situation i've learned tons about this bike from you all.

Now i just have to read up on how to mount the headlight/tach/ and front plastics and im good to go!