CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

my newly found archenemy - << Cold Tires >>

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my newly found archenemy - << Cold Tires >>

I dropped it. No, more accurately, she body slammed me. It was 10pm &amp; I was on my way to work. It was about 60 degrees or so. I turned right through an intersection 1 block from my house &amp; accelerated... This is what I remember... engine reving high, then pavement coming at me out of the corner of my left eye. Holy crap. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to think, "This might hurt." or even, "Hey, why is that pavement standing in the middle of the road?". It fishtailed left, then high-sided catapaulting me to the ground. Cold &amp; sinisterly unforgiving tires on acceleration at the exit of the corner seem to be responsible. There could have been a rock to cause the tire to skip or maybe it was a small spot of oil as I rolled through the intersection which initiated the spin. I thought I was out of the corner, but I guess I wasn't. I looked &amp; found nothing. I couldn't even see where the tire spun up.
In the aftermath I found a banged &amp; scratched helmet (time for a new one), a slightly abraised Cortech jacket (padding &amp; armor is my friend), pieces of my windscreen (I didn't really like the chrome windscreen anyway), the stock mirror, and a wrist broken in three places (percoset is also my friend). Damn.
I need a rear fairing, front fairing, &amp; windscreen for my black &amp; silver 2002 954, so lemme know if any of you have these parts for sale. I've also been thinking about this full kit on Ebay, so tell me what you think. Until next time...

Les

Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Default RE: my newly found archenemy - << Cold Tires >>

That tahitian blue candy is hot fire

Old 11-06-2006, 10:41 AM

Sorry to hear about your getoff. I've had a few close calls like that which prompted me to put the bike down for the winter early. Hope your wrist heals up.

That blue/black fairing looks pretty bad@$$. If I were you, I'd make your bike a repsol 954.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:59 PM

[sm=yikesomg.gif]that sucks-sorry to hear!!!,hope your wrist heals
quickly[sm=smiley20.gif]
also i bet the rear wheel caught onto something,atleast that is
what it sounds like
imo-the replacement fairings w/blue look awesome on a 54-is a good
choice!!!
good luck and keep posting
o8

Old 11-06-2006, 03:02 PM
VP

I was looking at those fairings also... too bad they want 250 for shipping not to mention a couple hundred for the kit. From China. And it's not pre-drilled. I also like the repsol kit they got on there.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:36 PM

Yeah, race paint is cool, but I don't want to be a poser. lol

Old 11-07-2006, 08:51 PM
VP

Yeah, race paint is cool, but I don't want to be a poser. lol
true that man but most people don't take repsol's to the track every day. Anyway, the candy blue is the shiZzle. Let me know if you buy from that guy cuz I might be down for a change in the next few months.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:32 PM

have u guys heard of anyone ordering from across seas?...i want to do the same and i'm guess since the holes arent brill it probably isnt a big deal but if u do order it let me know how it goes!...maybe we can buy that kit somewhere here?....i've been looking but no luck

Old 11-08-2006, 04:32 PM

sucks to hear that, never bought anything over-seas, i'd hold out for a local deal or just see about a custom paint job

Old 11-09-2006, 11:16 AM

Ok, I went for it. Thanks for the input. I got it for $530 to the door. Not bad considering the prices on used pieces peeps are charging...and I end up with a "new" bike. I will keep you all posted on my experience...

[in reply to vpsophmore "Condition-Brand New; Never Installed or Mounted; All holes are Pre Drilled"]
and don't worry, I know when to say, "F this! Someone else can do this $h!t!" [sm=headbang.gif]

Peace [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: my newly found archenemy - << Cold Tires >>