CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Decided

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

hey man, i understand that you liked how your bike was... but just get another 954 already! there's not only one recipe for success when it comes to bikes. find a good 954 and buy it. then mod it out the way you want it. you can put red and black 2002 fairings on any 954 eventually if you are really dead set on those colors. the mods will come over time.

if you want to get back to riding, get back to riding for riding's sake and get another bike and ride. or fighter yours out already and get it back on the road.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by American Psycho 954
If you had a 954 before and you want another one that bad, stop worrying about the price and just buy one. You should also know what your looking for since you've owned one before. Im sure you can find some good deals, but low miles and mint i know i would sell for as much as possible. In my state kelly blue book is listed at 4500. I could easily get 5500 if i wanted to sell. Good luck....ill sell you mine for 6200!!
I'll respectfully disagree with ur position, I am a 22 year old college student so a bad financial decision is not in the cards... 2 ur out of ur mind, go post ur bike on craigslist for 5500 there has been an 03 black/ titanium with low miles and chrome rims and a 2 bros slip on on there for 5500 for lik the last 11 months so apparently they arent goin all day long @ $5500
AND I decline ur smart-*** offer to sell for 6200 u can keep ur 954

Old 04-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Your expectations are too high, when that happens you will never be pleased and will make a bad financial decision. I know because Ive repainted my bike 3 times chromed it out (The worst decision) and im still not happy and that is why it is tore down now. I told myself if im not satisfied with it this time then ill sell it point blank.
def have my hopes and expectations too high I hope to come back down to reality before lik may so I can do some better shopping, My bike was perfectly mint and I kinda want a bike in tht condition but I may have too come down...
N Chroming a bike out is def not the way to go... too much cleaning lol

Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
hey man, i understand that you liked how your bike was... but just get another 954 already! there's not only one recipe for success when it comes to bikes. find a good 954 and buy it. then mod it out the way you want it. you can put red and black 2002 fairings on any 954 eventually if you are really dead set on those colors. the mods will come over time.

if you want to get back to riding, get back to riding for riding's sake and get another bike and ride. or fighter yours out already and get it back on the road.
Might fighter and stunt my bike out for the time being, it just sucks I got accustomed to riding the prettiest bike and wat not... def goin to just wait for the right deal to come along for the mint bike

Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

look man, if you're gonna ride 'em - you're gonna wreck 'em. so chances are, that mint bike you find - you're eventually going to drop it again.

i had all the plastics off my bike one night because i was going to steal the ones off my wife's bike that i had just bought which is now the repsol (one side of the top fairing on my bike had a light spiderweb crack in the paint). i had all my fairings off, the headlight off, the only thing on it was the guages and the fairing stay. i went into the house to grab a cold one, and when i walked back into the garage to put the new'ish' fairings on my bike, i stopped, decided my bike looked WAY better naked than it did with its fairings on, and they haven't been on since

the best thing about fightering a bike out, you get to decide how it looks. forget finding a new bike til you come into some money, fighter the bike you have out to do with it whatever you want and so that you can ride.

this way you can wait for the perfect 954 that comes along with no feeling of 'rush' to buy.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:30 PM

I was offered 6k cash in hand last summer, just sayin. I wasnt trying to insult you. Look how hard your lookin for one, just imagine all the other people lookin. these bikes are becoming more rare has the years go by. i understand your on a budget, believe me, most of us are.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by American Psycho 954
I was offered 6k cash in hand last summer, just sayin. I wasnt trying to insult you. Look how hard your lookin for one, just imagine all the other people lookin. these bikes are becoming more rare has the years go by. i understand your on a budget, believe me, most of us are.
ya man, they r hard to find, in the condition I want and color that I want (with the mileage etc.) but make no mistake you can find 954s all day for 3700- 4200 they r just goin to be dogged... I checked CL and there r like between both years and all conditions like 10 or 12 for sale in the NY tri state area, doesnt mean they aren't destroyed but def they are around and lik my fam always said, pay no mind to "asking price" know wat the bikes (houses- fam is in real estate) are actually selling for... for instance people post the bike for 4800- 5200 u already know people are going to take 800- 1200 off and they are selling all day for low 4s and here and there u get some1 with like a kid on the way, a wife who dont want the bike, some1 who owes people money for gambling watever and need a quick 3500 today