Go Back  CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners > Past CBR Models > CBR 954RR
Reload this Page >

954 pdfruth servo mod?? where is it? pics? which ends to solder??

CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

954 pdfruth servo mod?? where is it? pics? which ends to solder??

Old 09-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Default 954 pdfruth servo mod?? where is it? pics? which ends to solder??

I have all the parts to make this mod. I need a pic or directions of what ends of the resistor need to be soldered together. I can't find it here or online anywhere.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

He doesn't sell it "plug and play" anymore?

Old 09-07-2013, 06:01 PM

no i mean im making my own unit to plug in, i went to my local pc store and bought the resistors and compacitor. i just dont know which ends need to be soldered together. im using the pigtail off the servo motor, plan on cutting the wires and soldering in the resistors and compasitor.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by cBrentb View Post
no i mean im making my own unit to plug in, i went to my local pc store and bought the resistors and compacitor. i just dont know which ends need to be soldered together. im using the pigtail off the servo motor, plan on cutting the wires and soldering in the resistors and compasitor.
Here is good instructions:
How to: delete HTEV servo with no FI light - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

Old 09-07-2013, 06:18 PM

yes!, i knew it was out there i could not find it save my life. thank you! i payed six dollars for the parts today so im excited and ready to tinker with my evening project. and its always good to save and improve your ride at the same time. my servo motor is shot and setting off the light and fi. annoying. i"ll let yall know how it turns out.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

Yeah, I always thought it was sort of stupid that it'd give a code if it was un-plugged. I mean, I know why they can't. You need to know if it's not working because of the back-pressure. But, it's kind of a big hunk of sh*t under the tank... Especially when you consider it has to turn a valve that's going to get clogged up with carbon build-up with little plastic gears...

You know what you should do since you work on your bike often? Quick disconnects on the fuel lines. Not too expensive, no flow issues, and there's no waste when you need to take the tank off. Just a thought. I've noticed that you do a lot of wrenching, they made my life a whole lot easier.
And, if you're going to get a dyno-tune, you should look into the PAIR delete, too.

Glad you found the write-up. It's pretty sweet to take a big, out-of-place piece of plastic and replace it with something the size of a quarter.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:00 PM

ahh yes, bike is running good. i just back from a test ride after doing the servo buddy diy mod (followed exact instructions and its working like a charm)!. no more freaking MIL and FI light coming on and off bugging the crapp outta me. also finally found a decent map that feels good too, best so far. its the erion bolt on and oem or after market air filter one.

after three months of sticking with it, im getting closer to completion of the mechanical side of things. then i can order the brand new fairing kit, and start on cosmetics. thanks everyone for the help.