CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

954 just spins

Old 07-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 954 just spins

Need help everyone. have a 954 that stopped on me as if it was out of gas and the speedo was going creazy also. Turned out to be a iginition generator so i changed that and now i have no codes but it wont fire up. It will spin all day but wont fire. I made sure the fuel lines werent clogged the FPR is ok, the fuel flow, plenty fuel is getting in the fuel rail and the fuel pump works fine. I changed the plugs and checked the relays as well as soakin the injectors. I dont ride much and did have lots of debis in the tank as i was dumping it out for new fuel. Only way it will fire is with a lil carb cleaner in the intake but wont stay cranked up.Tried everything. Iginition plusle went out that started the problem but i replaced it already. Not showing any codes. It stopped on me at first like it was running out of gas and the speedo was going crazy. Check F.P.Regulator to fuel flow from the vaccum hose, all fuel lines, fuel line,fuel flow, relays, change plugs and even tried a diff fuel pump so it cant be the fuel filter. I DID HAVE ALOT OF RUST AND DEBRIS AS I DONT RIDE MUCH AS I WAS DUMPING THE GAS TANK so i soaked the injectors in gas and cleaner, still nothing. Sprayed carb cleaner in the intake and it fires up but wont stay cranked in which throttle does nothing and it dies?? what else can i be. do i need new injectors?? there was a lil debris in the pan that came out of them as they were soaking but i dont know what to do.

Last edited by Ranger407; 07-16-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I moved your thread over here for the 954 crew to look at. Hope you get it resolved. Not sure of an answer for you because I'm not familiar enough with the injection system on your bike. Sounds to me like you aren't getting signal to the injectors to fire.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Default could it be my p commander? have to find what powers the injectors

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I moved your thread over here for the 954 crew to look at. Hope you get it resolved. Not sure of an answer for you because I'm not familiar enough with the injection system on your bike. Sounds to me like you aren't getting signal to the injectors to fire.
Yes im thinking the same thing but not sure where that signal comes from. Imma test my volts going to them and find what powers them. They are not spraying but feul is getting to the rails.. could my p. commander affect it not firing but spinning

Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 PM

i had the same problem when i replaced my clutch cover wit a chrome. it sounds like u made the exact same simple mistake i made. take off the inspection plate for the generator on the clutch cover. look at the ignition sprocket and see if it touches the generator. i installed mine backwards by accident and it wasnt touchin the sprocket. i had hell wit the clutch arm and was so pissed that i had to take it apart after fumbling wit it for 30 minutes just cuz i put that damn thing on backwards. check that inspection cover first to make sure, but i had the exact same problem when i installed the new cover. keep me updated, tryna get u back on the road

Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove your power commander,it might have failed.Happened to me, bike would crank but not start.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
i had the same problem when i replaced my clutch cover wit a chrome. it sounds like u made the exact same simple mistake i made. take off the inspection plate for the generator on the clutch cover. look at the ignition sprocket and see if it touches the generator. i installed mine backwards by accident and it wasnt touchin the sprocket. i had hell wit the clutch arm and was so pissed that i had to take it apart after fumbling wit it for 30 minutes just cuz i put that damn thing on backwards. check that inspection cover first to make sure, but i had the exact same problem when i installed the new cover. keep me updated, tryna get u back on the road
Yes pimp mine was an ignition generator that went out. I put the new one in and my code went out but still not cranking.. Its on correctly facing the lil sprocket where its supposed to be...

Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by letsride
Remove your power commander,it might have failed.Happened to me, bike would crank but not start.
ok lets ride imma try that. just the battery cord on the PC remove it or the entire wiring?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 PM

Hey guys imma try to disconnect the power commander and see if it will crank then. Like i said this started with a bad iginition generator. Put a new one in but same prob even thou code went away. Also im getting 12v to all injectors but they are not spraying...