CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

rear view camera...screens in the mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear view camera...screens in the mirrors?

i saw a 600 with this done where he put a piece a two way glass in to have the screens in the rear view mirrors...plus still have functional mirrors with the screens and camera turned off...is there a right up on how to do this personally to my bike?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rear view camera...screens in the mirrors?

you pretty much got it figured out. your mirrors would need to be big enough to house the monitor. I have a friend with a busa that has one in the right mirror.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 PM

where would i look at for getting that camera and monitor setup? the only problem i have is the wiring it all in but i guess if i buy a set of monitors and camera they should come with wiring guide

Old 11-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

I have a camera and monitor onmy bike, but not in the mirror, I have it by the speedometer. I went with the vr3 or vs3 I don't remember the exact name but I got the set up from pep boys and it is designed for a car but does what I need it to do.

check my gallery.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:07 PM

I few people in town actually went to Wal Mart, purchased a small rear view camera system that has a 2.5in monitor and a camera that mounts to a car license plate bracket. They cut the bracket down,mounted it below the tail light, and it works awesome. This might be another alternative for you. Its a pretty sweet set up for less than $100.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6457762

Old 11-09-2007, 01:48 AM

ORIGINAL: bignibb

I have a camera and monitor onmy bike, but not in the mirror, I have it by the speedometer. I went with the vr3 or vs3 I don't remember the exact name but I got the set up from pep boys and it is designed for a car but does what I need it to do.

check my gallery.
What is the view you get from mounting it where you did? Do you see only straight behind you or can you see the lane behind and next to you (blind spot area), and whats the distance like, Im strongly considering this just for the mirror removal, But i like knowing whats behind/next to me.
Also is it hard to see when its sunny, can you see the screen and does the sun affect the camera when its behind you?
sorry for the 20 questions

Old 11-09-2007, 07:27 AM

They already make a set up like that for cars and their rear view mirrors aftermarket but it is expensive. I'll have to look where I saw that?

Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 AM

For a real quick search

http://car-safety-view.taiwansource....iew-mirror.htm

Also I think JC whitney or Stylin' Concepts sold something like these.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:47 AM

The other thing that you may want to consider is the electrical system. All the electro-bling will draw power and the 929 does not have a lot to spare, it is no Goldwing. I see a dead R/R and stator in your future...

Old 11-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

I did end up with a dead stator, replaced it with a heavy duty one, but I ran it this way always on when the the key is turned on for like 8 months but I used the 12v power supplied to the rear liscense plate light that is no longer there since I cut it off.

So there is no more of an additional drain than before.

yes the sun does affect the view, just like pointing a camera into the sun.

yes you can see to the left and right of the camera but not past were the camera is mounted.

you can do what I did and mount the lil circle mirrors on the inside of the ram-air covers to the right and left of the guage cluster and that will help eliminate the blind spots but I always look over my shoulders anyways.

now the wal-mart camera set up is the one I have but they make 2 versions

1 is wireless
2 is the wired system and this the system is the one I have.

the reason I went with the wired system is because it isn't subject to iterference from wireless devices such as alarms, cellphones, and such.

if you still have the full liscense plate holder you can drill a hole in it just big enough for the camera lens to stick out of and it will look cleaner and more stealthy look!

if not then you just have to cut down the car style liscens plate holder!