CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

rear brake question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rear brake question?

i got a staple in my rear tire, so i took it off and had a new tire put on. after i got the new tire back and placed it back on the bike, i went for a little ride and noticed that my rear brakes have absolutely no effect on slowing me down. they worked before but now not well at all. i didnt take the brake lines off, so there isnt any air in them, and they are not leaking. any ideas?

and also, i got the tire with the staple in it plugged for 10 dollars, should i not chance it and just toss it or should i keep it for a spare?

thanks

Old 06-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rear brake question?

lol....my rear brake aint working either, but i hardly use it...mostly never...so i dont bother to fix it

Old 06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

what probally happened was when they took the tire off and put it back on they didn't prime (pump) the brakes back until they worked!

so I would go and pump the brake lever until you feel them tighten up!

that should be what your problem is, you as well as others need to be careful when getting work done like this because aint nothing like hauling *** and needind to make a quick stop and ooops no brakes!

Old 06-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

^agree. also rear brakes are important . about your time im suprised a staple was ig enough to cause a puncture in your tire. unless it was a big heavy duty one. either way riding on a plug is a 50/50 chance. you could ride on it for a long *** time and nothign ever go wrong or you could be riding and it blows out and your crash. you decide , is it worth the risk? now if the staple never got deep enough to really puncture then you wouldve been fine but since you said that you got it pluged id becareful

Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 PM

yea, when i pulled the staple out i heard the air coming out, it was just a beefed up stapler staple. really sucks. now im really second guessing the plug, the guy who did it said that he has taken his up to 160 with a plug in it, thats not for me, but comforting to know that he risked his life to see if it held. the plug was the kind that has the pad in the back that adheres to the inside of the tire and supposedly is more safe. and i know that my rear brake is important, so ill go home and pump the sh*t out of it until it grabs. thanks for all the help guys.

ps, i bought a pciiir, and reviews?any ideas of maps? i have a 2 brothers bolt on and thats it.

thanks

Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

^agree. also rear brakes are important . about your time im suprised a staple was ig enough to cause a puncture in your tire. unless it was a big heavy duty one. either way riding on a plug is a 50/50 chance. you could ride on it for a long *** time and nothign ever go wrong or you could be riding and it blows out and your crash. you decide , is it worth the risk? now if the staple never got deep enough to really puncture then you wouldve been fine but since you said that you got it pluged id becareful

Havoc...your in sacto right? just wonder if your down for a gruop ride. i have a group in San Jose ( group of 10 to 15 people) , we gonna ride on Saturday and Sunday. let me know if u wanna join in.