CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

i whant to change my 929rr engine to 954 has anyone have done it?is it posible?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by backdoc
Has your engine been taken apart to determine exactly whats wrong with it? It may be easier and cheaper to repair your engine plus you will know exactly the condition of the engine. Parts are easy to find on Ebay and other bike forums and will be much cheaper to ship than an entire engine.
Crankshaft is completely dead also the Cylinders are in a bad shape (very bad) and also the main problem oil is licking from the Crankcase as well,bike had a crash so it was broken and after that i ve done so many things to stop oil lick and still when the engine gets warm it starts again so thats the problem..bike had an owful previous owner who didnt cared about changing oil and etc.and i didnt knew that when i bought it.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gega
Crankshaft is completely dead also the Cylinders are in a bad shape (very bad) and also the main problem oil is licking from the Crankcase as well,bike had a crash so it was broken and after that i ve done so many things to stop oil lick and still when the engine gets warm it starts again so thats the problem..bike had an owful previous owner who didnt cared about changing oil and etc.and i didnt knew that when i bought it.

How did you determine your crankshaft and cylinders are bad? Did you perform a compression check on each cylinder and does the bike run ok? Does the bike smoke while running? You stated the oil leak starts when the bike gets warm so that means it must run. Where is the oil leak? Could just be a cracked side case from a previous crash. Some can be repaired. Post some pics of the oil leak.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by backdoc
How did you determine your crankshaft and cylinders are bad? Did you perform a compression check on each cylinder and does the bike run ok? Does the bike smoke while running? You stated the oil leak starts when the bike gets warm so that means it must run. Where is the oil leak? Could just be a cracked side case from a previous crash. Some can be repaired. Post some pics of the oil leak.
Bike started to smoke and had a bad noise from the engine at the same time,and couldnt run at all,when we opened the engine it seems that previous owner had problems with the Bearings he changed the bearing,so this idiot put all 18 bearing with the one coulour(all of them were green).so crankshaft look really bad,cylynders had some scrathes inside(maybe of bad oil).so the side case had been crashed twice so i bought the new one,but the also from that crashes the crankcase had been damaged as well badly,so i put the new side case bat that side had been deformed and still oil is coming,couldnt stop it
i think i should buy a new used engine.what u reckon

Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gega
Bike started to smoke and had a bad noise from the engine at the same time,and couldnt run at all,when we opened the engine it seems that previous owner had problems with the Bearings he changed the bearing,so this idiot put all 18 bearing with the one coulour(all of them were green).so crankshaft look really bad,cylynders had some scrathes inside(maybe of bad oil).so the side case had been crashed twice so i bought the new one,but the also from that crashes the crankcase had been damaged as well badly,so i put the new side case bat that side had been deformed and still oil is coming,couldnt stop it
i think i should buy a new used engine.what u reckon
If the engine case is messed up so bad that you still get an oil leak with new covers then I would consider finding a new engine. The scratches in the cylinders could be the factory cross-hatch pattern. I have heard of people taking 954 motors apart and the factory patterns still be visible in the cylinders after thousands of miles. A compression check would tell you for sure if the cylinders are good or bad. As for the crankshaft it sounds bad. If someone didnt know what they were doing with the bearings I wonder if they torqued everything to spec or just put it back together in a hurry to get it running. Time to find a new engine or another motor with top problems and between two of them making one good running engine. Either way its not going to be cheap.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:01 AM

i only saw the engines for sale on ebay,dont have any other option.i just whant to know is it safe to buy it has anyone done that?none can garantee that it will work properly,and dont whant to spend money on air..any suggestions?

Old 12-22-2010, 04:27 PM

Considering your location and condition of your current motor, I would buy this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CBR-929-RRY-20...item3a6118069c

make sure he can ship it too you first and get a price. He sells a lot a parts and has a decent rating. You could just get a 954 and then part out your bike, frame, forks, triple, front wheel, headlight, and subframe are your big $ items. You could probably get around $2k for everything depending on how much the frame and forks go for, those are the two big ones.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Default cbr 929 performance upgrades

does anyone kno how to or how much it costs to put 954 throttle bodies on a cbr 929??