CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Erion CBR900RE Serials

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erion CBR900RE Serials

Hey all you CBR 929 Erion owners on CBR Forum! We were tryin to figure out on another thread just how many Erion's were manufactured by Honda for the 2001 season. What we need from your post are 2 things. First, the LAST 6 numbers of your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number - which is the serial # of which Erion you got off the Japanese line). Second we need the MONTH/YEAR of manufacture. Remember, you don't have to post up your whole VIN, just the last 6. Let's make this thread grow! I'll get us started...

-Example-

12/00

[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Erion CBR900RE Serials

asking for someones vin even part is a lil hocky, and I'm not sure how I feel about putting on the web for all to see!

and you could have at least posted yours up first and maybe a pic of just the last 6 and year and month of yours!

as a show of good faith

Old 03-20-2008, 01:02 PM

Nibb... why do you continue to be the pain in my A$$?? Tryin to kill the thread before it even gets started. What the heck can anybody do with your VIN in the first place?? In case you haven't noticed, it's right there on the left side of your bike for everybody to see anyhow. I DON'T want your license plate number, social, or mother's maiden name! I don't even want your name or the whole VIN lol. I'll repeat for anyone who may not have read all of the first post...

LAST SIX DIGITS
MONTH/YEAR

I'll get us started again...

12/00

Old 03-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

ill bite, and I can't believe you asked what can someone do with a vin number but you don't know I won't tell you!

now with your vin
does that mean that your bike was the 1627th to come off the line?

Old 03-20-2008, 03:25 PM

Why don't you just email Honda if you want to know how many Erions where manufactured??? I doubt every 929 owner in the world reads this thread. Don't mean to be a thread killer, but I don't see the point...

Old 03-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

well I didn't check my bike but I did check my title and and my last six are

just kidding but if what you are saying about the shock is true then that would mean that my

356 was produced before your 627
and I should have had one before you or your spring just wore out and was replaced!
so are there thousands or just hundreds of them

Old 03-21-2008, 01:10 AM

ORIGINAL: bignibb
well I didn't check my bike but I did check my title and and my last six are
just kidding but if what you are saying about the shock is true then that would mean that my

356 was produced before your 627
and I should have had one before you or your spring just wore out and was replaced!
so are there thousands or just hundreds of them
Nibb you're worthless! You got nothing better to do then run interference and clog up every thread you go to. You better be 12 yrs old cuz if you're not, then there's no excuse for you. I wouldn't have invited you to the party if I knew you were gonna poop all over it!!

Needless to say, I think people have the wrong concept of what a VIN is. It's kinda like telling someone the model of your bike. You wouldn't be afraid to tell somebody that you had a Honda 929 would you? That's pretty much all the VIN says in addition to which bike yours was off the line. No more, no less. That's it!!

Now let me explain. The VIN #: JH2SC44331M101627 can be broken down into six distinct parts as follows.

JH2 - Japanese Honda MC Plant (Asia)
SC443 - CBR900RE (Erion Edition)
3 - Check Digit
1 - 2001 Year Code
M - Plant Code
101627 - Sequential #

All CBR929 owners VINs begin with JH2SC44. It's not a mystery or top secret!

The eighth digit being a 3 is what I'm wondering about. I'm wondering if the SC443 model number is a designation of an original Erion. Through a quick search, it seems to be the case. Without any feedback from current owners, it's hard to say. That's why this thread was started.

The ninth digit will vary as VINs vary. It's a check digit.

The tenth is the year code. Y = 2000 and 1 = 2001. Those are the only two we're concerned about as those were the only two years of the CBR929.

The last six digits are your sequential numbers. That's what I thought was important at first, but now I think it's more important to figure out if the SC443 is Honda's designation for the CBR 929 Erion Edition.

If anyone knows, post-up. Otherwise just say YES or NO it's SC44* if you have an Erion.
I appreciate it people! Nibb is the one who got me thinkin about this in the first place.

[sm=thanx.gif]

- Patrick

Old 03-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

Honda is very shy when it comes to giving out info on numbers. They don't want people to know. If you knew that, then you would think itsworth more or less.As far as putting VINs down, I can understand where Bignibb is coming from. Your beginning post does sound a little hokie. When a new member comes up and asks for VINs, it does raise the eyebrows. Let's all get along here. They are just tryin to find out info. I must add that I don't see that working, no matter how many you get a hold of. Sorry to say.
LJ

Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

you can't exactly say I'm worthless and act like a 12 year old and then give me credit for making you think about something!

but I do still like you, well just a lil.

I think you think you know more than everyone else on this forum about this bike or at least the ERION editions but you really havnt given any true indication of this except some incorrect facts.

now I'm not sure if you have figured this part out yet but I'm the only person who has given you any vin information on their bike, even if it was only 3 digits but since your formula works well you could almost guess my vin.

but wouldn't you really need to know if non erion bike used the SC443 than only if it was in the erion vin!

and yes I have a 3

Old 03-21-2008, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: bignibb

you can't exactly say I'm worthless and act like a 12 year old and then give me credit for making you think about something!

but I do still like you, well just a lil.

I think you think you know more than everyone else on this forum about this bike or at least the ERION editions but you really havnt given any true indication of this except some incorrect facts.

now I'm not sure if you have figured this part out yet but I'm the only person who has given you any vin information on their bike, even if it was only 3 digits but since your formula works well you could almost guess my vin.

but wouldn't you really need to know if non erion bike used the SC443 than only if it was in the erion vin!

and yes I have a 3

HUH?????????????

Quick Reply: Erion CBR900RE Serials